Part 5

I gave a small smile to the man before quickly walking away. I refused to even look back at that sight. I shivered at the thought. I made my way to the cashier and purchased my items before leaving the store. I didn't want to be there for another minute. I stormed my way to my car and loaded all the groceries into the trunk and got into my car. I took deep breathes and placed my car keys in the ignition and started it up. That couldn't have been him...I might have just hallucinated or maybe I'm going insane.

I haven't seen him in five years, he left and I moved on. Why do I care so much that he's here? He's probably just visiting his family or something. He'll be gone soon and I can continue living my life. I drove home with so many thoughts swarming my mind. When he looked at me, my heart stopped. His eyes never changed, but he definitely did. He looks more mature than I remembered him. He didn't look like the man I knew five years ago when I was still in love with him. Stop it, Sadie. You must be loyal to Chance, he gave you everything. He's yours, not him.

I can't get myself to say his name. That name I shall not say because I refuse to bring back those memories of pain. You can never change a man that's not willing to change. Through all my heart breaks, I knew this one gave me a valuable lesson. Boys are inconsiderate human beings and half of them only cares about what you have and not who you are. My thoughts got interrupted by a car honking at me, I jumped and stepped on my pedal. Once I got home, I saw Chance bent over the hood of his car, looking frustrated. I pulled up into the driveway, parked, and got out. "Is everything alright?" I asked walking up to him. He looked at me and shook his head. "My battery died just when I pulled up."

"The thing is old, Chance." I laughed, trying to lighten up the mood. He didn't like that too much. I stopped laughing before I walked back to my car to unload the groceries. I popped the trunk open before grabbing each bag. Why do I have to ruin everything all the time? I knew Chance was in a bad mood already and I think I made it worse. I shook my head lightly before lifting the bags up. I stepped back and bumped into a chest. I looked up and saw Chance staring down at me. He took the bags from my hands before walking into the house. I rolled my eyes and closed the trunk and locking my car. He sure is one bipolar man. However, I do love him. I made my way into the house and closed the door behind me. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw Chance unloading all the bags and putting them away. I sat down at one of the stools and rested my head on my arm.

"We might not be taking that trip with Vincent and Taylor." Chance spoke softly. I raised my head up and nodded. "That's fine. We don't need to go anywhere." I'm not going to argue with him, there would be no point to. Chance smiled at me. "I always loved how understanding you are." He told me as he walked over. He spun my chair around so I was facing him. He then leaned down and gave me a kiss. I smiled against his warm lips. Nothing can ruin this moment right now. Then his phone rang. I guess the good moments do have to come to an end. He gave a small groan before getting his phone from his pocket. By the facial expression he was making, I'm assuming he didn't like the person on the other end of the call. He gave me a small smile before answering the call and walking into the living room.

It was really hard not to ease drop on their conversation, but I couldn't help it. When I crept up into the living room, Chance was speaking in a low whisper, knowing that I would be listening into his conversation. I leaned in further.

"What in your god damn mind do you think I wanna meet up with you?" Chance gritted. I couldn't hear what the response was from the mysterious caller.

"Well, you ruined that. It's not my fault what you did and the pain you caused." Chance continued to boil. He was mad and I knew it wasn't seconds before he throws his phone. I didn't know if I should let him be angry or intervene and tell the caller that Chance has to go.

"Whatever, you don't get that we're not kids anymore. I'm a grown up now, I don't need to be hanging around a kid like you and neither does Sadie." It's weird when he says my name and not Mae. Maybe it's because when he calls me Mae, I feel special since it's my nickname just for him and no one else. He doesn't like it when other people call me Mae because it's his nickname for me and I don't mind either. I'm his anyways.

I stared at the way Chance reacted at whatever the caller was telling him. He was frustrated and hurt. Whoever this person is definitely did something to him and I don't like it. I never like it when he's upset like that and I know that this conversation he is having is stressing him out. I slowly approached him and he gave me look. A look that made me regret walking up to him, but I knew it was the best for him. He would get too angry if he stayed any longer on that cell phone. I had to take it away from him, for his own good.

I stood in front of him and gave him a soft smile before I took the phone from his hand. He reached to grab it back, but I shook my head. He gave me a frustrated look. I brought the phone to my ear.

"Chance has to go." I firmly stated into the phone. I went to hang up the phone when I heard his voice,

"Hello Shae."