007

"group presentations" Jimin sighed as he repeated their teachers words. "probably the one thing i hate the most"

"why? they arent that bad" Taehyung said

"they aren't bad for you because you don't have to work with the most annoying boy in our class"

"I thought Jungkook had to work with him?" Yoongi added.

"but thats me?" Taehyung frowned.

"exactly"

"hey!"

Jimim sighed and ignored their comments. "he doesnt help me at all so i end up doing everything! and hes so loud and rude..."

"if i could id let you join me and Tae" Jungkook said, feeling sorry that his friend didnt have the lesiure of working with someone he liked in group projects like this. It was just convienient that Taehyung sat next to Jungkook.

"me and Kookie make the best team"

"Are you sure?" Hoseok laughed. "Doesn't Jungkook do most of the work?"

"No! I help too! I'm a great helper!" Taehyung exclaimed before turning to Jungkook with a bit pout and giant puppy eyes. "Tell then I'm wrong. Aren't I a good team member? The best team member?"

Jungkook laughed. No you're the worst team member you brat, Hoseok Hyung is right

"The best of the best" Jungkook smiled and Taehyung leaped in his seat, turning back to Hoseok with a huge grin on his face.

"See!"

He looked sad.. I had to say it.

000

"Time to make the presentation!~" Taehyung sings as he skips beside his best friend. School had finished and they were on their way home . "Lets go to my house and do it! I have ice cream at home!"

"Tae.." Jungkook sighs causing Taehyung to  whip his head round. "I can't tonight. My mum wants me to help clean up ready for when my relatives come over tomorrow"

Taehyung stops skipping and pouts. "But you could just come over for bit...?"

Jungkook gives him an apologetic smile before shaking his head. "I'm sorry, maybe next time"

The older slowed down and trudged behind him only to perk up again. Taehyung leaped back forward and threw his arm around Jungkooks neck, bringing their faces extremely close as he leaned his forehead against the side of the younger side head. "Or" Taehyung started, moving his head back slightly, taking in Jungkooks flushed cheeks. "I could go to your house"

"What? Tae—"

"No no, Hear me out" he Interrupted. "I go to yours, help you and your mum clean, and if we have nay time left we can chill or start the presentation or something! If not, I'll just go home after we've cleaned up" Taehyung nodded to himself with a proud smile before turning back to Jungkook, waiting for an answer. "Seems reasonable, right? Your mum loves me, I'm sure she'd love to see my face again don't you think?"

Jungkook sigh but nonetheless laughed at Taehyungs words. "Fine fine" he said. "You're so difficult"

Taehyung just pulled the biggest smile and let go of the younger, skipping forward until he was in front of him. "But you wouldn't have me any other way, would you?" He asked with his arms spread out wide.

Jungkook laughed, hoping Taehyung didn't actually expect him to answer the question.

He watched his best friend happily jump around the pavement until he came running back to his side. Jungkook looked to his side and smiled at the boy who returned it just like he always did. But along with a smile, Jungkook got something else.

Taehyung slipped his hand into Jungkooks, not even breaking the eye contact. Jungkooks heart did the usual malfunction and almost skipped five too many beats in one go. He couldn't seem to pull his eyes away from Taehyung, but if he wanted to act natural, he should have looked away many seconds ago.

But what really got Jungkook was the way Taehyungs eyes moved from his eyes to his lips before he looked away and continued to swing their hands in the air.