018

So, Jungkook didn't tell Taehyung about finding the love letter and he certainly didn't confess his love in person like he had once dreamed about.

It's not that Jungkook didn't want to tell him, it was because he simply couldn't.

After finding Taehyung had known it was him all along, Jungkook shoved the letter back into a random pocket of one of Taehyungs clothing and rushed out of the bedroom.

Jungkook felt kind of betrayed that his best friend would keep something like that from him— he had essentially been playing with Jungkook all this time and he never knew.

The younger had gone back down to the kitchen where Taehyung still sat, rubbing his head with his fingertips. When he walked in, Taehyung sat up with a smile, but jungkook did nothing but ignore him.

Throughout the rest of the day, Taehyung tried engaging in conversation with Jungkook as much as he could, however the boy would only give little responses, sometimes as little as a curt nod.

Jungkook wasn't particularly annoyed, just a bit overwhelmed and for some reason more nervous than ever. Because Taehyung knew, he knows.

Jungkook was standing in front of his crush, who knew he had feelings for him. But the boy hasn't said anything—why?

Well... actually, maybe he had. Jungkook wanted to slap himself for not realising. From the very start, unless he was imagining things, Taehyung had dropped hints.

The younger had only realised that the next day when he was sitting at the lunch table with his friends, stabbing at his food that he really didn't want to eat.

"What's up Kook?" Namjoons voice brought him out of his daze as he sat up straight and tuned to the older, with lifted eyebrows as to say "yes?"

"I said what's up? Is everything alright?" Namjoon repeated, knowing the boy didn't hear him.

"Yeah" Jungkook nodded quickly. "Everything's fine"

The younger felt Namjoon study his face for a moment before finally saying "ok" and carried on eating.

Jungkook gave a curt smile before glancing forward to see Taehyung already looking his way through his bangs while he had a mouthful of rice in his mouth. Jungkook felt his face flare up just by looking at him and quickly looked another direction.

Everytime Jungkook looked at Taehyung his head went crazy, repeating the faint memories of what the older had said to him, clues, hints.

Taehyung literally tried to get me to say the words "I love you"

I'm so stupid.

"Kookie" His best friends voice cut off his thoughts. The older scooped up some of his food on a spoon. "Do you want some of—" just as he was about to place the food on Jungkooks plate, the younger pulled his plate back and shook his head.

"No" the boy mumbled looking embarrassed. "I'm not hungry, thank you"

Taehyung frowned but Jungkook couldn't tell as he was avoiding all eye contact with him as he stood up from his chair and grabbed his plate.

"Yah, where are you going?" Seokjin asked.

"A walk" the younger said. "Feel dizzy"

As Jungkook walked off alone after binging the rest of his food, Jimin immediately stood up to follow, concern showing on his face. "I'll go and—"