014

"I knew they were gonna choose this song!" Hoseok exclaimed as the intro to eyes, nose, lips began to play.

Taehyung and Jungkook stood in the middle of the room, facing the screen with the lyrics , although the both of them new the whole song off by heart.

"I think everyone knew it" Yoongi adds as he crosses his legs behind them.

By the time their solo had came up, some of the boy's had already drank quite a bit of alcohol. That included Taehyung. Many songs had already been sung, whether it was together as a group or a solo singer, and as songs went on more drinks were ordered.

So Taehyung was currently looking a bit tipsy which was normal after the boy had a couple of drinks.

Jungkook on the other hand, he was completely fine. He had only had a sip or two of his hyungs drinks but other than that, he wasn't that thirsty. Instead he had been eating more of the chicken that was left on the table.

Along with Taehyung, Jin and Jimin were also acting a little crazy due to the drinks and although Hoseok had drank the most so far, he wasn't drunk just yet, instead he just looked a little red on the face. Yoongi and Namjoon had been drinking but they had a higher tolerance to alcohol.

The lyrics were just about to start as Jungkook gripped the microphone tightly. He was always a little nervous to sing in front of people even if he eventually got used to it half way through the song.
He looked to Taehyung, who was currently swaying slightly, and received a nod as if to say go on.

So as soon as the first lyrics appeared on the screen, Jungkook began to sing into the microphone. His voice was a little shaky at first but he soon stabilised it and felt more at ease when he had done so.

As he sang the first verse, he flinched when he felt Taehyungs hand snake around his hip and swayed him from side to side. He tried his best to keep his voice stable although his heart beat did not match. He could almost hear his own heart beat louder than his own singing. Trust Taehyung to do something like this in front of everyone...

Jungkook heard someone laugh about something behind him and although it could have been completely irrelevant to what Taehyung and him were doing, it suddenly seemed like everyone was laughing at him. It made Jungkook even more nervous, nervous that they were somehow going to find out he liked Taehyung by just this.

He couldn't have been more thankful when it was time to switch over and let Taehyung sing his part.

Being slightly biased, Taehyungs voice was his favourite of them all. There was just something about it, something about his deep mellow voice that sent shivers up his spine every time he heard it. Jungkook faced the boy as he sang, forgetting that he was gazing at him with so much fondness and adoration. 

Taehyung let go of Jungkooks waist before he winked at him and walked around the open space.  Jungkook felt his heart spasm in his chest.

For the rest of the song the two kept alternating, each singing different verses.

But then

Your black eyes
that only saw me

One verse somehow landed on Taehyung and Jungkook knew exactly what was coming. He had listened to this song millions of times and he knew every single line. Included this one line. If Taehyung sang it like he hoped, nothing would be that awkward.

Your nose that held
the sweetest breath

Jungkook glanced to Taehyung, who had been randomly swaying in a circle, and now strutting back over to him.

Taehyung stopped in front of him, firm grip on his microphone. Jungkook forced a shaky smile  and tried to look away but was quickly stopped by Taehyungs hand which grabbed his chin to turn his head back to face him. Jungkooks smile kind of faded when he saw The olders serious face. His eyes were glimmering from the light of the projector and they were staring straight into Jungkooks.

Then Taehyung brought the microphone up to his mouth and sang the last line of the verse.

Your lips that whispered
'I love you, I love you'

It was Jungkooks turn to song the next line but he was so overwhelmed that he missed the starting and fumbled with his words. He turned away from Taehyung and looked to the screen, trying to seem as through what Taehyung did just now didn't just affect him at all.

They continued til the end and finally, when they reached the last line, their friends began to clap behind them, Hoseok even whistling.

Jimin stumbled up from the seat and hugged the two of them at the same time, squeezing tightly before letting go. Taehyung and Jimin started giggling together while Jungkook moved away and sat next to Namjoon who patted his back as he sat down.
"Good job" Namjoon praised.

"My turn!" Jimin exclaimed and tried to pick up the remote on the table but nearly tripped over his own feet. He just laughed it off as he took the remote and searched through the songs. Taehyung was aimlessly dancing around the room on his own even though there wasn't any music playing.

Jungkook sat quietly watching Taehyung dance in the middle of the room. A small smile left on his lips, he zoned out and thought about the duet they did. He wondered why Taehyung picked such a song when he knew he had already had too much to drink. Jungkook thought it was unfair for him— he was the one with uncontrollable feelings for Taehyung and for the older to so easily say those words while drunk was completely unfair. Not to mention they sang it in front of everybody.

The younger was snapped out his daze when Taehyung had climbed over everyone's legs to sit next to him. He slumped down next to him, forcing Seokjin to budge the other way. Taehyung let out a deep sigh as though he had done for the night and leaned his head on Jungkooks shoulder. Jungkook looked down to the boy to see he was snuggling up to him before meeting eyes with Yoongi across the room. The older had one eyebrow raised as his mouth was turned up into a smirk. 

Jungkook quickly looked away, pretending his was watching Jimin.

Just on cue, Jimins picked a song and the into began playing. Hoseok immediately got up and joined him and Seokjin followed not long after. The three began jumping around excitedly, dancing and singing along to the song.

Namjoon couldn't stop laughing at the three and Yoongi simply had a smile on his lips as they watched the three from afar.

When Jungkook next turned back to Taehyung he realised the boy was already somehow asleep on his shoulder. The younger rolled his eyes. Idiot, Jungkook thought.

Jungkook sighed to himself, thinking of course in his head because he should have known that meant nothing to Taehyung.

000

Can I break up for the holidays yet