A strenuous Morning

The hours go by as the moon moves across the sky and disappears behind the outline of Canterlot. Finally it's morning and the resolution to Sandbar's riddle comes closer and closer. The griffon opens his eyes and stretches his claws as far as he can while raising his backside, which makes him almost look like a cat after it's daily nap in the sun. He slept surprisingly well without his blanket, on which he slept on, covering his body but then again, he was very tired yesterday.
I can't believe this one thing took my entire day as it's hostage. At least I'll see what will happen today, the male thinks to himself after he finished his morning routes.
He gets up and takes a look at the clock on the wall. The sun is slowly rising so it should be around 9:30 or 10 a.m. And this assumption proves itself correct! The smaller hand of the clock points at the 10 and the bigger one at the 12. It is 10 a.m.
"One more hour, okay. I could read a comic or take a quick walk before we head out. Or I could get something to eat be-"
The words get stuck in his throat as he catches sight of the pile of cookies, which are still on his desk. Again he takes one into his claw and even bites off a small portion of it. The taste is dry and not really his cup of tea, or more precisely his kind of cookie, but he must admit that the texture and how it falls apart in his mouth is addicting.
Not that bad actually..., Gallus thinks as he tries to taste everything the biscuit has to offer but there is still something about it that deters him, but it tastes disgusting.
The griffon finally swallows the remainings and puts the cookie next to the other, still complete one, spreading crumbs around both of them. He wants to turn away but something about them still being on his desk irritates him
I can't keep them on my desk all the time. They will get even worse!
After looking around his room for something he can but them in he finds an empty box in his closet. It's a small, pale-orange box with white wavy lines on it.
Where did I get this box from? Oh... right... I stored some griffon scones in it before the old man took me here. Well, now I can fill it with disgusting cookies.
Without thinking about it more than he really has to he takes the cookies and puts them into the box, closing it afterwards and hiding it in one of the desk's drawers.
He pays a quick visit to the males bathroom to wash his face and styles his feathers. Styling them may be a bit exaggerated. He basically presses them down so that they stay the way he wants them to. But it works and that's what matters!

After returning to his room Gallus takes a second look at the clock. It took him twenty minutes to store the cookies away and to take care of his look and hygiene so he still has forty minutes until their meeting.
What should I do until 11? Go back and wash my face again? Try the cookie again? Nope! Never!
Gallus sits down on the chair and takes the same comic he tried to read yesterday. One day he will finish it! But will this be the morning he finishes it? No because only a few minutes after picking it up he throws it back on the pile. He is not in the mood to read right now, he is in the mood to find out what Sandbar wants to do today!
Why did I wake up so early? Thirty more minutes wouldn't have hurt!
He is frustrated but he remembers that when he gets frustrated things can get ugly and he just made up with his friend so he doesn't want to show up grumpy for their first meeting. He gets up and goes to the window, which shows the backside of the school and a part of the big lake in front of it. He can even see a few familiar faces, one of them is Yona. She is on her way to the school by the look of things.
She forgot to tie her braids, Gallus notices and he begins to count down with his right claw starting at three and counting down until reaching zero.
Three... Two... One... Zero...
As he reaches zero the Yak trips and runs over a few ponies in front of her but she quickly catches herself again and apologizes to them.
Gallus laughs after watching it and thinks to himself, Classic Yona... It would be sad if it weren't so funny to watch.
He watches her for a bit before she disappears inside the school building. But that doesn't bother him because he already noticed someone more interesting. A certain pale pony with a cyan mane just left the building and is heading for the school with a little sack around his neck. He knows this bag, it's where he always stores his Bits.
Sandbar is already leaving but there are still at least thirty minutes until 11 a.m.! Why is he already on his way?
The griffon takes a look at the clock to make sure his sense for time is right and the hands reveal to him that is it, just as he thinks, 10:30. He grabs a dark brown bag and puts a little sack, very similar to Sandbar's sack, with bits in it.
Should I take something to drink with me?, he thinks after noticing an empty bottle next to his desk from last week.