The Griffon's New Clothes

The day after tomorrow Sandbar mentioned is finally here and, like the first time Gallus had to meet his friend, the griffon wakes up very early in the morning. The sun has already started it's journey for half an hour but the sky is still painted in the colors of orange and red, making it seem like it's burning all by itself. The blue male slowly opens his eyes and, before realizing that it is, indeed, time for their second, and hopefully better, study session, yawns before taking the open comic book, that lies on his chest.
I must have fallen asleep yesterday... What a boring day...
He marks the open page by putting one of his claws on it before taking a quick look at the cover and, much to his surprise and frustration, he remembers this cover very well.
Seriously? I started this issue at least four times now and I'm still only halfway done with it? Since when am I such a slow reader?
This question is easily answered and Gallus knows that answer all to well.
I can't concentrate... Every time I finish a page Sandy breaks into my mind and steals my concentration away and then I have no other choice but to think of him, ask myself what to do and worry about the next time we actually stu-
He finally realizes what event is due today. His beak drops open and his pupils shrink in sizes to nothing more but little dots surrounded by a slim, blue ring in the middle of an ocean of white. In one quick motion he throws the comic away and jumps to his feet, asking himself all the while what time it could be.
He said to meet him at 2 p.m.! What time is it? What time is it!
His eyes scan the room like a passive infrared sensor, looking for everything that could tell him the time but, after noticing the color of the sky, his panic slowly begins to turn into relaxation and his pupils regain their usual size.
It can't be that late so there is still time... But why am I even awake this early? That's nothing like me at all!
He begins to question himself but, instead of finding answers, he brushes them off and decided that he went to bed early and that there is nothing strange about waking up early the next day.
But what now? I can't go there yet and be like 'Heeeeeey look who's here!' That would be weird and what if Sandbar isn't awake? I would wake him up and that could lead to an uncomfortable atmosphere...
While being completely devoted to his thoughts he picks up the comic book, which now lies somewhere in the room far away from his bed, and places it back on the pile of colorful books next to his bed. His train of questions and answers stops when he sees his little flower bathing in the sun.
"You must be thirty, right little guy? Let me get you some water."
Gallus snatches the empty bottle and takes on his daily journey to the male restroom. Except this time the hallway isn't empty! A few other students are also already awake and are preparing themselves for the day. He notices a pale-red coated earth stallion with a long, dark-gray, frizzy and currently wet mane and tail trying his best to tame it with a comb, which does not look very easy, and a peach-colored coated pegasus stallion who is busy brushing his teeth. He tries his best to ignore them and fills up his bottle with some cold water from the faucet but his patience gets tested as hears the other two males whispering something. Suddenly the pale-red stallion tries to start a conversation with him.
"Gallus was it, right?", the pony asks, " The water is getting into my eye. Can you give me my face towel? It's right next to you."
The griffon takes a look to his right and sees the white piece of fabric hanging on a hook.
"Better idea: Get it yourself. I have better things to do", the griffon replies after giving the stallion a fear-inducing look,
With that he seals the now full bottle and leaves the restroom without looking back even once.
"I told you he wouldn't do it", the pegasus states after spitting out the remaining mixture of saliva and toothpaste, "He's a griffon and griffons only do stuff for money or other goods. So if you don't offer him something he won't even look at you."
"How did he even end up here? And why is he still here! This school is for ponies and creatures who are able to adapt and he doesn't even try."
Furious about the blue male's behavior the earth pony increase the force he uses to brush his mane but he stops as he feels something on his head. It's his towel.
"Here", the pegasus says before getting back to his own morning routine and the other male thanks him with a smile.
"Thanks dude. At least I can count on ponies like you."