Having Fun > Studying

ATTENTION!

The following two chapters will be longer but they are the only longer one for now.

I want to describe at least one of Gallus and Sandbar's meetings a little more because I want to show how they can go if they aren't fighting and/or screaming at each other.

Also: This date will play a key-element in the story so, yeah....

I hope you'll enjoy it!

Before the two bodies make contact the griffon rises to the sky and flies a big curve before landing right next to Sandbar, who covers his eyes for the entire duration. Still waiting for the, at least in his eyes, inevitable crash but he wonders why it takes so long. Suddenly he feels something touching his shoulder, causing him to tense up.
He looks to his side and sees the blue griffon with the blanket around his neck and a smirk on his face.
"What? How did you react so fast?"
"Because I'm super cool and the most awesome dude you know", Gallus gloats and winks at his pony friend. But he only rolls his eye and smiles back. Now he turns his attention to the blanket and thanks him for getting it but Gallus is more interested in the brown basket on the stallion's back.
"Yes! Food! What did you get?", he asks but now it's Sandbar's turn to tease his friend a little bit.
"You'll see later but now we should get going."
The pony begins his journey across the stone bridge leading away from the school but Gallus has a better idea how to reach their destination. He lifts himself off the ground and dashes in front of Sandbar, stopping him in his way.

"Open your mouth", he orders but his pony friend seems very confused.
"W..w...what did you say?", he stutters, not understand what the blue male wants from him.
"Come on. Open your mouth and close your eyes."
He understood him correctly the first time and now hearing it again startles him even more. He sets his ears back and begins to blush slightly.
Is... is he being serious? This has to be some sort of joke or prank, right?
He studies the face of his feathered friend to find anything that proves that he is just joking but the only thing he notices his how serious the griffon's expression actually is.
Wha...he...wha..., Sandbar's mind begins to malfunction and shuts itself down, leaving him with nothing else but his gut feeling.
And his gut tells him to do what his friend asked for, so he commits. But what he read into it and what actually happens are two entirely different worlds. He feels the weight from his back fading away and shortly afterwards a solid object gets stuffed into his mouth. He opens his eyes abruptly, realizing that the thing in his mouth is the basket's handle.
"Hold on to it tight!", the griffon orders again as he becomes airborne again, puts his claws around the stallions chest and holding it tight.
Sandbar feels the feather-covered body of his friend pressing against his own, increasing the reddish shade his cheeks became.
"Ready?", Gallus asks while observing the male underneath him, who nods while trying his best to hide his face.
W...W...What! Why do I feel so... weak? Why can I hear my heart beating or... is that his heart... I remember this... feeling...
Sandbar closes his eyes and tries his best to remember when he felt like that.
The first day of school when I bumped into him... When he tried to distract the real Timberwolves on Nightmare Night... The days we prepared our presentation for Miss Fluttershy's class... And sometimes when we run into each other by accident... What is that FeEEEEEK!"
His eyes open wide as he feels something moving. The griffon's body comes even closer and the pony feels the griffon's heat and his muscles tensing up to lift him off the ground. But before gaining a feet of height Gallus feels the other males body shake.
He's an Earth Pony. Flying must be scary for him... I remember that it was pure horror for me the first time my mom told me to try it..., he tries to explain the stallion's reaction and, to make his friend feel more safe, he offers him to hold on to his arms.
Sandbar, who was starring at the floor which slowly begins to zoom out, turns his eyes upwards and sees the face of Gallus focused on him. He smiles and nods, placing his hooves on the griffin's claw and holding it in place.
"Thanks Gallus", he says and his friend smiles and winks again before concentrating on gaining more height.
The beat of his heart increases and his feels his cheek heating up more and more.
No matter what this feeling is... it feels... nice
The school underneath them becomes smaller and the clouds get closer and closer but 40 feet seem enough for Gallus so he keeps that height. The two males soar through the sky and Sandbar is busy taking in the view.
So that's how flying feels like... It's amazing! Everything looks so small and I feel so... big and powerful looking down at all those building. No way... is that? Yes! It is!
"Look!", the stallion suddenly shouts as he releases the hold and points his hooves on different buildings and places, "there is Miss Twilight's castle! And there is Sweet Apple Acres! And Sugarcube Corner!"
Gallus, who never really visited Ponyville since he came to the School of Friendship, is fascinated by the ponies wisdom and he enjoys learning about those new places. He moves his eyes from the left to the right, registering more and more things his friend tells him about.