Path 2: Sometimes the Truth hurts

NOTE: 

Soooo... Since I had different Ideas on how this story can go I decided to make two different endings. The real one on which I will build my next stories with my two little lovers and one alternate ending which is just for fun^^

This one is the alternate one but I still hope you will read it :D

Two more days and everypony is slowly freaking out, but not Gallus. On the contrary, he totally forgot about all that. It's almost as if last night's experience completely deleted his memory, at least the parts that worried him. How can anyone really blame him though? He lived one of his dreams! Blinding rays of sunshine invade the room and do their best to wake up the sleeping griffon, with success. He slowly opens his eyes and raises his head to take a quick look out of the window. The nightly blue turned into the orange flames of an early morning and the sun begins to rise behind the mountains, showing only a fraction of it's full glory but enough to spread it's light and warmth. He releases one big yawn before wishing his plant-friend a good morning.

"I'll get you some water, little buddy."
This procedure became a daily habit of him since Sandbar gave him the plant. Sometimes it still bothers him, especially when he's still feeling tired, but most of the time he doesn't mind it anymore, like today.
He reenters his room with a glass filled with the glorious liquid in his left front talon.
"Here you go! Breakfast fresh from the restroom's faucet", he jokes as he pours it into the pot, where it quickly sinks into the brown earth, coloring it a darker shade in the process.
Speaking of breakfast...
His stomach begins to growl at him the moment he even dares to think about the most important meal of the day.
Yeah, yeah! I need to eat something... Didn't even had dinner yesterday. Except a little taste of pony... But nearly not enough to fill me. Better get something good from the cafeteria.
He searches for his coin sack, which he finds next to his desk, and prepares himself for a quick breakfast. After leaving his room he locks his door and walks down the stairs to reach the ground level, where he interrupts his trip and takes a look down the corridor where Sandbar's room is located.
I could ask Sandy if he wants something to eat but... Pretty sure he is still asleep. I'll visit him in a few hours so he can sleep late.
He turns away and leaves the dorm building, setting his sight on the school building in front of him.
He doesn't meet many other students on his way and the school itself doesn't seem to be very busy either. A few ponies can be seen with books on their backs or levitating in front of their faces. Seeing that reminds him of what he and Sandbar should be doing and why they even decided to hang out so much lately. And it helps him remember that only two full days are left for them to do that.
I really should ask Sandbar to go over everything I need to know today. We don't have much time left and I am still not even a bit smarter than I was before. But I can't do that without a good breakfast!

He heads for the cafeteria but a voice, that he somehow recognizes a bit, calls for him.
"Look who decided to show up in his free time. It's the always friendly and helpful griffon."
Two stallions, who noticed him coming inside, aim for him with a, somehow, ominous grin. The red-coated shoots his friend a quick look before facing Gallus, who he now stands in front of.
"Oh wait!", he continues, "Griffons and everything else than greedy, selfish or grumpy are irreconcilable differences, I totally forgot. Sorry Gal, old pal."
Who is that jerk?
Gallus gives the other male a weird look and examines him to see if he recognizes him in any way but he can't remember seeing him before.
"It's Gallus and, sorry but... do I even know you", he asks but stops before putting on a more mocking voice to end his question, "pal?"
"Harsh but what else can you expect from a griffon. Only interested in things that benefits him. Don't you remember us from the restroom? I asked you for my towel and you, like the griffon you obviously are, just left me hanging. I thought you and the other freaks came here to learn about Friendship and Generosity and Kindness and stuff but especially you don't care about all of that, do you? You only care about yourself. I can't wait to see how miserably you will fail the exams."
What is that jerk's problem? I'd beat him up but... I can't risk that... I have to ignore them... but it's really difficult...
"Oh noooo! How sad it would be to see you leave! We would miss your every day of our lives", the peach-colored pegasus adds before bursting out laughter.
"Oh, don't worry about me. I will pass with ease", the griffon gloats with a cocky expression on his face before turning away from them.
Good enough. Let's get rid of those jerks.
He continues his way towards the entrance of the cafeteria but the two equine males stop him.
Why me..., Gallus thinks to himself as he rolls his eyes in annoyance after bumping into the same obstacle twice now.
"Oh did your little freaky pony-friend give you a little extra lesson or what? Are you two all buddy-buddy and the best of friends?", the pegasus teases and his red-coated buddy ads a little bit more fuel to the fire.
"Is that what you two were doing in the park? I saw you two hanging around there laughing and stuff but now it makes much more sense. I should have realized that you need all the help you can get. A hopeless case even with your buddy's help but it's still nice of him to waste his time with a blighter like you."
"No, we did not! We were just go-, I mean, hanging out because we are friends and that's what friends do. We tried to study but it didn't work so leave him out of this!"
Why am I even getting so worked up about all that. They don't even know what they are talking about so why do I care? I shouldn't care! But I can't control it... It's as if they know how to make me talk or something like that!
"Oh, is that what you two call it? Hanging out? I could have sworn I heard that fish-bird-thing talk about how hard he found it to teach you anything at all", the pegasus replies with a snicker, "and even that lizard-lady said something like that. Something about really knowing how to motivate you. Looks like the only one who's in the dark about all that"
He pokes the griffon's chest with his hoof as he finishes his sentence, "is you. But why trust us if you can just ask him yourself."
"As if!", the griffon snaps back at them, giving them a sample of the rage he fells, "I don't need to ask him and I couldn't care less about what you guys have to say. I know my friends and I know Sandbar. He would tell me what's up! He would tell me the truth!", Gallus impugns the pony's statement.
"And now get out of my way or I'll show you what griffons can really do better than ponies", he shows him his fist and smashes it into the palm of his other talon, "and that's Inflicting pain."
He sidesteps the two males and heads for the cafeteria again to finally get something to eat but a shout from the red-coated earth-pony still reaches his ear.
"Don't say we didn't warn you, buddy!"
He quickly tries to delete that last message from his brain but a small piece of doubt clinges to it with all it's strength, not allowing it to leave completely. Instead of deleting it he just pushes is into the background, ignoring it as good as he can as he finally enters the cafeteria.