Locked In Love

A/N: I've had this chapter planned for so long and I'm so excited to finally share it with you. Hope you like it! 

---

"Hello?" you said, as Skype connected you to your client. He said he was a college student in the emails you'd exchanged. When his face appeared on the screen you smiled and waved politely. He bowed, which looked awkward over the screen, but it made you laugh. "Kim Jinwoo?"

"Yes!" he said, his eyes widening his eyebrows brushing the ends of his hair which lay over his forehead. "Nice to meet you, Teacher."

"Please call me, Sumi," you said. "No need for the formality." 

He nodded.

"So, today I'm not going to go over much English with you, but I want to ask you a few questions just to get to know you and find out how I can best teach you."

You opened up your notebook where you had previously written down the questions you wanted to ask. It would certainly be possible to have your clients fill out a form with all of this information beforehand, but you liked to ease into it and allow them to get comfortable. You couldn't help but smile when you felt the familiar weight of the pen in your hand, something familiar in such an unfamiliar place. 

"Why are you learning English?"

"I'm studying abroad in America in a couple of months," he said. "I want to have a good grasp on the language before then." 

You nodded and wrote down his answer. "Have you ever taken an English class before?"

"The required ones in school," he said.

You continued on with the questions pausing only to write them down. Your first meeting went well and you waved goodbye to the boy. He smiled at you, his lips full and his teeth white. 

"I'm excited to begin our sessions," he said. "I wasn't expecting my tutor to be someone my age."

"I'm still older than you," you said, laughing. "Even if it is only a year." 

The boy joined in your laughter. "I'll send you my schedule so we can set up our next meeting."

"Sounds good."

"I'm looking forward to it," Jinwoo said, his voice slightly deeper than before. "Noona."

---

You and Yoongi sat on a plush love seat. Each of you clinging to either arm to prevent your thighs or arms from brushing. Yoongi barely looked at you; his face settled in a pout. 

"So," the therapist said. "I've already talked with both of you individually and now we will focus on dual therapy. If either of you needs individual counseling, feel free to contact me."

The therapist was a young woman, older than both you and Yoongi, but too young to be either of your mothers. She had a friendly smile and a voice that cut through the air like a knife through butter; but you still found yourself fiddling with your fingers, digging your fingernails into the skin of your fingertips. 

You'd thought about bringing your knitting needles giving yourself somewhat of an escape from the stagnant air surrounding you, but you didn't want to be rude. So, rather, you stewed in the stagnant air.