Epilogue: Countershock

A/N: This is it. This is the end of Sutures. This book means a lot to me and it makes me so happy to know that I have such dedicated readers. I hope you enjoy this last chapter. I don't want to preference this too much so all I have to say is: Thank you.

 I don't want to preference this too much so all I have to say is: Thank you

---

3 years later

NOW ARRIVING FLIGHT HK 361 FROM LOS ANGELES

"Sumi!" Eunji shouted from across the terminal. 

You weren't sure how she spotted you, especially since you were tired--your hair pulled into a messy ponytail and your hood pulled over your head. 

Her arms around you before you could pull your hands out of your pocket. You couldn't help the smile that crossed your face. Despite talking to her nearly every day, you still missed your friend. While you had friends in the US, none took the place of her. 

"Come on! We have to go out for real Korean food and you have to come see my new place!" She smiled, the first thing everyone noticed about her. She'd recently cut her hair in a bob, accentuating her toothy grin. 

"Real Korean? Oh, come on, Eunji," you said, laughing. "I have been craving buldak. It's never spicy enough in the US.

You headed away from the gate and picked your suitcase off the belt. Eunji's hand shot out as you set the wheels on the ground and extended the handle in a fluid motion. 

"What's that?"

Eunji already had her fingers around it the cookie shaped keychain attached to your suitcase. Her face was unreadable. Something felt off in the pit of your stomach, but you were just jetlagged. 

"Oh, isn't it cute? It was in the K-pop section and I don't even know who it's related to, but I couldn't just leave it." 

Eunji nodded, her face falling. "Yeah, it is cute." 

---

"You know the best way to combat jetlag?" Eunji asked, her eyebrows raising. 

"Hmm?"

"Alcohol and clubbing!" 

"Eunji, I'm tired. I just want to sleep." 

"Aww, okay, maybe later."

The Uber driver turned the volume up on the radio, seemingly annoyed with Eunji's words that bubbled like champagne. The song ended and another began. It sounded vaguely familiar, but you couldn't place it. 

"Hey, uh, can you switch the station?" Eunji asked. Her demeanor switched in an instant. Just seconds before she had slouched in her seat and scrolled through her phone. Now, she sat straight and her fingers curling around her phone.