Bypass

A/N: I would to formally apologize for all the weird ass chapter names. I like having themes with my chapter names, and unfortunately, most cardiac related terms are kind of harsh lol. But, hey, no one really pays attention to chapter names, right? ;)

 But, hey, no one really pays attention to chapter names, right? ;)

You awoke with a pounding headache. Looking down at your phone, you noticed the reason why: around 10 text messages from Namjoon. 

Most of them were just general greetings or texts to wake you up, but one of them piqued your interest. 

Namjoon (6:50 am): I would come wake you up, but I think Yoongi is going through something related to the whole soulmate thing. I don't want it to hurt if I touch you.

Did it hurt for other people to touch Yoongi? Even in innocent ways? You felt guilt run down your spine, despite knowing it wasn't your fault. It made you wonder if it was related to the fact that you felt safest when you were in his arms, no one else could compare.

You sent him a quick text to let him know you were awake, before rubbing your temples and rubbing your eyes. You pulled your hair into a ponytail and changed into a simple pair of jeans and a plain white T-shirt. Normally, on a flight, you wore sweats or leggings, but because you were bound to run into paparazzi, you wanted to look at least presentable.

You already felt your stomach turning. You hadn't been on a plane for two years--since you last visited your family in the US--and you remembered the way your heart beat out of your chest at take off and you were convinced you would never touch the ground.

When you finally emerged from your room, you found the members waiting in the living room. All but one set of eyes darted to you when you walked into the room, Yoongi appeared immersed in his phone. 

"Hey Sumi," Jimin said. "I saved you a banana." 

"Oh, that's sweet, Jimin," you said. "But, I'm not really hungry." 

Yoongi's eyes were on you now. You felt as his eyes took in your face: still red eyes, bare skin, and the baby hairs that curled around your ears. You forced yourself not to look in his direction, despite everything telling you to meet his eyes. Even your neck ached as you kept yourself from turning it. 

"Are you sure?" Jimin asked. 

"Yeah, honestly, don't worry about it." 

---

"All right, the members will all go through the main entrance," their manager explained. "Fans and reporters are already waiting, so as soon as BTS is out. We will drive around and--Sumi--you will go through the side entrance. Hopefully, this will prevent too much issue and we and we can all get on the plane without too much hassle."

Everyone nodded, but you still felt doubt in the pit of your stomach. You watched as the van approached the main airport entrance. The screams were louder than the radio and nearly deafening as the van came to a stop.