Chapter 1

Note: This is part of a series please read "The Mailman" first!

Darren's (POV)

Its been days, weeks, maybe months since I last saw Logan Price; my best friend. Its been awhile since i've last saw the people that I cared about.

I didn't know how long i've been trapped inside, but I've stopped keeping track, after a few sunsets later. It was dark, and I couldn't see anything but the glistening pale moon that peaked through the rusty bars of the only window in this rotting dark cell.

I don't know how I got here, but ever since i've been here i've been doing nothing but trying to find a way out. I tried already, but i've given up and let myself sink into the darkness.

The cell was cold, and moldy, which left behind a dreadful lingering scent that seemed to cast an unpleasant appeal to anyone's five senses.

It is unkept, soiled, and perfectly unperfect in every way. To be frank, the place is suitable for any masochistic. It was too dark and too cold as the chills racked all over my body, I was in the nude, as my ankles were shackled into heavy metallic chains that bruised up my skin. I had my knees bent up to my chest as my arms were firmly wrapped aroud my knee caps.

I was rocking myself back and forth, in order to comfort myself, and to refrain myself from falling into the pits of insanity. I didn't know how long I was locked up in here for, since I stopped counting after the third sunset. I was tired, and my muscles were sore and cramped up from the uncomfortable cell. I kept on hearing drip drops from leaking loose pipes from the drains outside of the walls in the cell. Almost teasing me into a blinding stupor.

I wanted to scream. But who would listen? Who was here to listen to me? No one. I was alone. The leaking loose pipes kept on dripping, and I kept on mourning. I begged for it to stop but it didn't. It didn't stop at all. I brought my hands up to cover my ears as the only form of comfort that I could muster as bile tickled up my throat and threatened to spill out my intestines.

This was not fair. I didn't even know how I got here, I stopped counting after the third sunset. All I wanted was to be back and safe in Callias' arms. None of this felt real right now, all of this felt like torture. A nightmare that I knew if I woke up...it will still be here. This nightmare, is a joke really.

It was also far too dark in here expect for the moonlight that saved me from insanity.

Are they still looking for me? Do they still care?

Does Callias even think about me anymore?

I whimpered when I heard footsteps echo towards my cell, and key chains chiming. Someone is here...someone is coming. I pressed up even further against the cell brick wall that was covered in dry moss and some kind of sticky unknown substance.

The footsteps stopped in their tracks before the key chains chimed, someone was whistling, as they were trying to fit the right key into the lock. When the chain broke apart with a sharp clang, I froze as my my muscles grew even more taut and even more tense than they were before. Once the chains broke apart with a clange, the cell gate creaked open and screeched its way apart against the rough pavement of the cell.

It was just enough to peer through the eerie darkness. I huddled into myself even further when I saw one of their feet through the light that poked through the bars. And with a snap of a finger that echoed and bounced off of the wall, the lights flickered on.

The light was so bright that it made me shield myself with my arms and cringe irritably against the bitter cold. "Get up slave. You are being reported." A voice gruffly hissed out towards me. I'm Darren fucking Reed. I am no slave.