Chapter 14

For once in my life, I thought I was blind. I couldn’t believe that Royce is here, if he is here than that must mean that Callias is also here. My eyes widened at the thought as I immediately jumped off of the bar stool, “Is Callias here?” I murmured as my heart began to speed up with hope. Royce only nodded once to that, before raising his hands up with his palms facing forward; preventing me from saying anything else.

“I’m going to get you out of here...but we have to be careful. Believe me, Callias is just as eager to see you as you are eager to see him.” I blushed slightly as my eyes began to brim red with fresh starlight tears that are just threatening to spill over. I licked my chapped lips, as I suddenly forgot about the dinner and Jeeves. This was happening way too fast, and it was completely unexpected. “How did you even get here?” I murmured excitedly, Royce winked as his eyes sparkled mischievously… 

“I don’t have the time to tell you now, but we need to get you out of here while we still can, come with me.” He urged as he grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the door. “Wait!” I hissed quietly to him, my eyes darted hesitantly towards Jeeves who stood awkwardly at the edge of the kitchen island with his hands firmly tucked into his front pockets. His right ankle hooked over the other. “We can’t leave him.” I whispered making Royce curse out as his face contorted into a disbelieving stare.

“Are you being serious right now?” He whispered hastily, making me wince. I nodded quickly, “I’m not leaving without Jeeves.” I told him firmly, Jeeves has done a lot for me, and I wasn't about to leave him behind. I have grown attached to Jeeves. Royce sent me a disbelieving glare before letting out a deep and a sarcastic heavy sigh. “You coming with us or what?” He hissed at Jeeves. Jeeves looked around indecisively before taking a few and hesitant footsteps towards us. “I-I..”

“Its a simple yes or no question. Are you coming or not? We don’t have a lot of time before they notice i’m not up there with them.” He ruffed out hoarsely; Jeeves nodded without a second thought and eventually decided to go with us after a heavy and deafening pause. I let out a sigh of relief as Royce barked out a curse and grabbed my wrist tightly as he yanked me forward so that we headed out to the door.

Jeeves closed it shut gently behind us and rushed towards us clumsily; he wasn’t a very fast runner especially while under pressure. I noted, I couldn’t help but let out a chuckle at that as we jogged through the darkening shadows of Nolan’s plantation. The night was cool and chilly as the sky was coated with a brilliant bed of stars, I have forgotten how beautiful the stars where.

I smiled softly as my eyes raked over them. I gasped sharply when Royce pulled me forward roughly, “come on!” He hissed quietly as we stopped and hid behind a wall to Nolan’s mansion.  We crouched down and kept low and well hidden in the shadows as some of the house guards rounded the corner.

“Did you hear that?”

“It came from around the corner.”

Their feet shuffled against the grass as they continued to come closer and closer. My heart lodged up in my throat while it suddenly started getting harder to breathe.

Royce shushed me silently while sticking his arm out to me. He poked his head out to get a closer look at the guards. And sure enough, they were getting much closer than they were before. We were going to get caught. My heart was pounding wildly in my chest as my shoulders came up and down in time with my erratic breathing. Jeeves took a hold of my hand as he tried to calm me down.