Chapter 28

Nikolas was already making things much more difficult for me than he needed to. My insides churned in disgust, when he rolled his shoulder blades backwards and began to crack his neck from side to side. He tries too hard, what kind of fucking crown is he wearing?

I want some of whatever he has. I scoffed under my breath, and didn’t fight off the glare that was pushing its way onto my face.

I didn't want to stick around for this. Spitting is a nasty habit.

Nikolas peered curiously over his shoulder and frowned, when he boldly pointed out the look I purposely gave him. “What’s crawled up your ass and died?” He hoarsely chuckled…”you.” I gruffed out with a puff, while crossing my arms over my chest.

Nikolas sputtered over himself for a second before he decided to brush it off . I rolled my eyes and tuned out the rest of his speech. He can easily get on my nerves.

A smile tugged at my corners when I decided to playfully sneak away from him. I slowly walked backwards, trying not to get him to notice my absence. But that plan eventually backfired on me, when I slammed into someone’s hard chest. I let out a surprised gasp and oomfed when I nearly toppled over them. I was always so clumsy, and I hated it.

Large hands cupped my shoulder blades and held me in place before spinning my body around. I frowned when I came face to face with Jack who’s stern and piercing eyes narrowed coldly down at me. “What are you two doing out here?” He asked, I slapped his hands away and shoved myself out of his arms.

“That’s none of your business.” I murmured, I could feel Nikolas’ eyes on my back, but I ignored it. “Get inside.” I let my bottom jaw drop open at his audacity and balled up my hands into tight fists.

He was trying to control me already. But he had another thing coming, my lip twitched up into an annoyed sneer, a sneer that only worsened when I felt Nikolas’ tentative hand on my shoulder.

“Get your hand off of me.” I whispered through gritted teeth. My patience was running thing, I noted,  as I marched into the house with my arms still  crossed over my chest. My eyes instantly darted to Callias, who smiled softly at me. I smiled back, and hurried my way over to him.

I wrapped my arms around him in an eager hug. But a wave of disappointment washed over me when he didn’t hug me back. “What’s going on?” I asked him.  Callias looked down at me and sighed before pecking my forehead. “We need to talk…” he whispered, my heart panged as I tried my best not to think about the worst that could come out of this.

But it was too late for that.

I looked over to Jack, and meet his eyes accusingly. His gaze refused to waver from mine, as mine did to his. Only, mine narrowed into piercing slits at his relaxed demeanor. Ever since he set foot onto this pack’s plantation, he’s been trying to control me. He’s always looked at me more strangely than the others, and I was seriously about to cut this bitch off.

Just because he missed some part of my childhood...that did not give him enough right to come back in and suddenly take over his role of being the dad that he was supposed to be. “Logan told me about his unborn son, and about the mating.” Jack said, not letting Callias speak. “Logan had an unfortunate event with a grandson that I would loved and cherished to meet. “ He whispered distantly.

There it is. Everything always has to go back to Logan. “Your gift to conceive, can only happen once. And we need to protect you, nobody outside of these premises can know about it. Because they can and will take advantage of you for that and we can’t have that.” My eyes narrowed, while I tried to wrap my thoughts around it. “And that also means, that you and Callias will not be able to mate until you are of proper age.” That’s when I snapped, a tick formed in my jaw.