𝐢𝐢𝐢

SUN IN THE AFTERNOON

"REID WHAT THE hell was that?!" were the first words Spencer heard as he walked into the observation room

"REID WHAT THE hell was that?!" were the first words Spencer heard as he walked into the observation room. Everyone but Garcia was watching the interview, and they all met his eyes with concern.

"What? She told us basically everything we needed to know and even more!" he reasoned back at Emily. "And she doesn't have a reason to lie to us."

"Pretty boy, were you even listening?" Morgan stepped forward and looked sincere. "She's been undercover for nearly eight years. She's a damn good liar and probably just fooled you in there."

"Did you guys even hear or see her when she wanted me to promise her? She looked and sounded terrified of what they'd do to her. Lookall I'm asking is that you give her a chance. Let me or someone else take her to her apartment to grab the file. We can see how she acts there and determine how we handle this situation from then on out." Spencer was begging to give the girl a chance. He hated to admit it, but he felt for her. The two of them had similar back stories, but she just took a wrong turn in trying to put her life back togetherand from how the System sounds, they probably wouldn't have taken it easily if she left willingly.

The team said nothing but looked at each other, so Spencer felt the need to go on. "When she was talking about the cases and rewards, her body language suggested that it was somewhat hard to talk about; she looked uncomfortable and sad. I don't think she wanted to stay with the System once she found out what she had to do, but I don't think she had the choice." He looked at Hotch, who gave him a cold stare in return. "Please, Hotch. She could be the person to crack this case."

Hotch stared for a few seconds before turning to the team and saying, "Reid will go into the apartment with Collins, since he is closest to her age and she trusts him the most, but Morgan will stay in an unmarked car across the street. I want to know everything in that apartment and everything you can get on the roommate without blowing cover."

Morgan and Spencer nodded in unison and left the room.

Once they were far enough from the observation room that no one could see or hear them, Morgan stopped the boy. "Don't let your feelings cloud your judgement." He put a hand on Spencer's shoulder and looked at him with intent. "Okay?"

Spencer rolled his eyes and shrugged Morgan's hand off of his shoulder. "Shut up," he mumbled as he walked away. What pissed Spencer off the most was that Morgan was kind of right. He felt something when he looked at her, tired and sad in the interrogation room. He felt an urgency to pull her out of that room and keep her safe. And if Spencer was being completely honest, he was scared for his judgement. But he reasoned with himself; Hotch wouldn't have allowed him to go with and grab the file if he thought he wasn't in his right mind. But then again, Spencer was the genius of the team, and what if Hotch just wasn't sure and went with Spencer's judgement, even if it could do more damage than good?