Chapter 13

I got home feeling tired. All my subjects are sucking my life off! There are a lot of activities but thankfully I can manage.

I didn't see Ryder all afternoon. But I'm thankful though.

I don't want to believe that Ryder is jealous of Sam. Like hell, why would he? He said he would break me. That alone should scare me, but I continued falling for him anyways which make me hate myself.

I know that I already told myself to stop this feelings but I can't help myself. Your friends giving you false hope don't help a bit. They fed me those theories and now I can't get it out of my head. I am now assuming that maybe, Ryder really do like me but it's not a problem to wish right?

Zyron, the target likes the bully? Pft. Sounds cliché.

After changing clothes, my mom called me to get downstairs because the dinner is ready. I exited my room and went to the dining room.

I saw my mom and dad already sitting so I followed suit. My stomach grumbled when I smell the chicken soup and fried fish.

"How is your school, son?" My mom asked. I scopped myself a food and ate it. I swallowed before replying, "Tiring as always," she nodded.

"Did you meet Ryder today?" I tried not to choke when I heard his name. I quickly fixed my composure and looked at my dad.

"Yes, we have play that is due next week and we are group mates," I said casually. It is hard though because of my racing heart. It started beating faster when my dad mentioned him. Damn, I'm so whipped!

"Really? That's nice!" My mom exclaimed. "What's your play all about?" She added. I scratched my nape awkwardly and gulped.

"Uhm.. it was about the life of homosexuals in the community," I said sheepishly. They only nodded their head in understanding.

"I see. When is that? I'm going to watch," My eyes widened at my mom's proposal.

"No! I mean you can't go. It's not a big event anyways and also, outsiders are not allowed.." My mom narrowed her eyes in suspicion but seems to drop it off.

"Alright. Fine. Geez, no need to panic. Are you the main character that's why you reacted like that?" She grumbled. I looked at her and waved my hand dismissively.

"Of course not. Haha, I'm not good in acting, mom. I should not be in that role," she rolled her eyes and ate her food.

"You won an award of being a best actor back in elementary, son. No need to be humble," my dad butted in.

"Yeah, whatever. But I'm an extra though," I lied. They nodded their heads and we dropped the topic off.

"I'm done. See you tomorrow, lovely parents. I'm pretty tired," I walked toward them and kissed them both on their cheeks.

"Alright, good night." My mom said. I nodded and walked out the room. I went to my room and closed the door behind me.

After doing my night routine like washing my face and brushing my teeth, I let myself fall in my bed.

I switched my lamp off and darkness filled the room.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep.

**

I was walking in the hallway to go to my 21st Cent. Lit class when someone blocked my way. I looked up and adjusted my new glasses.

"Uh.. Drake? What do you want?" I asked nervously. He seemed to notice my discomfort so he soften his gaze and scratched his nape sheepishly.