Chapter Fifteen

Ian's POV

"Not again," I groaned and rubbed my face in exhaustion. Did I push her too hard? Was she not ready? What the hell did I do that made her cry? She wanted this, didn't she? Is it me? Am I not good enough?

"Ian!!!" My mother yelled and I cursed again. I snapped out of my self pity and took a deep breath. When did the devil get home? I made my way downstairs slowly and walked over to my mom. Of course she had her boyfriend with her sitting on the couch.

"Yes ma?" I asked and she smirked. "Who was the whore that ran out crying? Did she realize what a mistake you are?" She questioned and I narrowed my eyes.

"Don't talk about her like that. You're the whore!" I yelled and her fat ass man stood up. "Watch your tone!" He yelled and I flipped him off. "Fuck off pig. You're not my dad," I gritted out and turned around.

"Get out of my house!" My mom yelled and I chuckled. "My pleasure!" I spat back. I ran up the stairs and gathered all my shit, glancing out the window at Halie's.

The lights were still on, so I took a deep breath, knowing my next move. I made my way downstairs and out of the house, tossing my stuff into my truck. I jumped in my truck and backed out the driveway, pulling into Halie's.

Why, you ask? Because my mother was fucking crazy. She would trash my shit and then I would have to do some stuff I would regret, but with it being parked at Miss Carol's house, she wouldn't dare stepping foot on someone else's property.

I walked up to the front door and knocked softly, waiting for Miss Carol to answer. At least I hoped it would be her. The door opened, revealing a concerned Miss Carol.

"Guest room is ready," she said softly, offering a small smile. "Thank you," I told her and followed her inside. "Who's at the door?!" Halie yelled, padding down the stairs.

She stopped when she saw me and frowned. "What's going on?" She questioned and her aunt just gave her a sad smile. "Ian is going to stay the night in the guest bedroom. You two behave. I don't know why Halie came back crying and now you and your problems, but you two need each other," she whispered the last part to me.

"Thanks again Miss Carol. I'm going to go freshen up for supper. The food smells lovely," I told her and she smiled. "Thank you honey. Go ahead. Halie will show you to the room," she said, giving Halie a stern look.

Halie swallowed and nodded. At least she didn't look as freaked out anymore. In fact she looked normal, like the last five minutes never happened.

Is this what happens when I let someone in?

"Follow me," she said softly, breaking my thoughts. "Whatever," I mumbled and followed her up the stairs. She opened a door and I walked in, closing it behind me, not bothering to say another word to her. It was useless anyways.

I heard her sigh before walking away. Another door closed then it was my turn to sigh. After my shower, I laid in bed and informed Miss Carol I wasn't hungry, so she fixed me a plate and saved it for when I was.

Halie never left her room as well.

Knock knock

"Ian?" Halie questioned and I ran my hands through my hair. "Yeah?" I asked softly. "Can I come in?" She questioned with a weak voice. "Yeah," I said softly, but loud enough for her to hear.

She opened the door and walked inside, closing it behind her. She sat on the bed and bit her lip. "I'm sorry for freaking out. It had nothing to do with you, well not really," she mumbled and I frowned.

"What happened? Didn't you want it?" I asked and she nodded. "I did. I thought I was ready, but I wasn't. A flashback came and it felt so real," she told me and I continued to frown.

"So me touching you caused a flashback from your rape?" I asked softly and she squeezed her eyes shut. "Yes," she barely whispered. "I'm sorry," I told her and she shook her head. "You have nothing to be sorry for Ian. I'm the one who freaked out instead of talking to you and explaining what happened," she told me.

"I shouldn't have ran. I could only imagine how that made you feel. I'm really sorry Ian," she whispered. "Come here," I told her and she climbed over next to me. I pulled her into a hug and kissed her forehead gently.

"I'll wait as long as you need me too," I told her and I meant it completely. Our relationship meant more to me than that. I wanted more than her body, even after such a short time being together. She was meant to be with me. "Thank you," she whispered and snuggled closer to me.

"Are you hungry?" I asked and she nodded against me. "A little bit," she answered and I chuckled. "Let's go eat then babygirl," I suggested and she sat up with a smile, kissing me softly.

"Let's go then. Aunt Carol is probably waiting for us anyways so she can find out what happened," she told me with a small laugh. "Probably so. She knows everything that happens in my life. My mom likes to talk rather loudly," I told her and she frowned.

"Your mom is evil," she told me and I chuckled. "Yes. I know, but she's still my mom. I'll always love the evil crazy woman," I mumble and Halie gave me a sympathetic smile. "I know what you mean. I lost my parents like not even three weeks ago and I haven't had the chance to mourn. They were evil, but they were my family."

"What happened?" I asked and she frowned. "Drugs." Her one word answer left me quiet. I decided to not push any further and kissed her cheek while hugging her tightly.

"I'm happy you're in my life," I whispered and she smiled up at me. "I'm happy too Ian," she whispered, kissing my cheek as well.

Awwwe, how cute.