Chapter Twenty One

Halie's POV

One Year Later

"It's been almost a year Aunt Carol," I mumbled, rubbing my face. "Maybe he changed his mind? Maybe it's still too early? I hate not knowing! Hell, I wasn't even supposed to know!" I said in irritation and she laughed.

"What are you going on about now Halie? I have no clue what you're talking about anymore," she said softly and I sighed. "I know, but I can't even say!" I said in defeat and she shrugged, patting my leg.

"You'll be okay dear. Oh and Ian stopped by. He said you needed to be dressed by five because he's taking you out," she told me and I groaned. "Really? What time is it right now?" I asked and she checked her phone. "Oh my. It's already three thirty. Better get to showering," she mumbled and I laughed.

I stood up and headed upstairs to shower. After my shower, I headed back into my room and noticed a dress laying on my bed. A red strapless dress with a slit on the side stared at me and I couldn't believe it. Ian must have dropped it off while I was still in the bathroom.

After I dressed myself, I fixed my hair and headed back downstairs. "Ian," I whispered, taking in his handsomeness. His hair was fixed and the suit he had one hugged his body perfectly, showing off his muscular figure. He looked like a whole damn meal.

"You look breathtaking," he said and I smiled, blushing at his complement. Even after a year, he made me feel the same as when we first started dating. "Thank you baby. You look handsome as well," I told him and he smirked.

"Let's go," he said with a wink. He gave Aunt Carol a hug and whispered something into her ear. She kissed his cheek and smiled cheekily. "You two have fun!" She called out after us and I gave her a questioning look. She just gave me a wink and blew me a kiss.

"Where are we going?" I whined like a baby. I tried to get him to tell me where we were going but he constantly ignored me. "Stop asking Hales. Just be patient," he mumbled and I pouted like a child, soon smiling secretly.

Ian was soon graduating college and it made me sad because I was only a senior in college due to my lateness in switching colleges. I was really feeling beautiful in the fancy body hugging gown Ian bought me for tonight.

I kept stealing glances at him wearing his tuxedo looking handsome as ever. I was nervous yet excited. Maybe he would finally propose. I really started questioning my sanity from that night. Maybe I was hearing things that night?

No, I heard what was being said clear as day.

"Halie?" Ian questioned and I looked at him. "Hmm?" I asked with raised eyebrows. "You spaced out baby. We're here," he said, smiling. My door opened and a young man helped me out.

"Madam," He said offering a smile. I smiled back and glanced at Ian. He was smiling ear to ear. "This way beautiful," he said with a wink. I walked around the limo that Ian rented and stood by his side.

He kissed me gently before grabbing my hand. "Come on," he said, pulling me along. We entered the fancy restaurant and my eyes went big. The place was beyond gorgeous.

The elegance of the place was breathtaking. I followed Ian to a candle lit table and I smiled, looking over at him briefly with pure love. He held my chair out for me to sit and I felt the butterflies take over.

This is it.

Music began playing and he smiled, dropping down to one knee. My smile grew bigger as the butterflies fully erupted leaving me breathless.

"We've been together for a over a year now, and I need to let you know how much you mean to me. My heart would break if you ever let me go," he said gently.

"Halie, I can't bear the thought of losing you. I couldn't live with the pain. We've had our bad times along with the good and I wouldn't change that for the world." I felt the tears form in my eyes as I stared at him with a new found admiration.

"We are always there for each other and I never want to lose that. You're my soul. My life. My love. My everything."

"It took me a while to realize that and I thank the lord sense got knocked into me Halie." He licked his lips and smiled at me. I wiped my tears and sniffled. "Although we're together now, I hope there's many more years to come. You'll always have my heart babygirl. I'll always be your protector and cherish you like no tomorrow."

"Halie baby, will you marry me?" He asked with a smile and I squealed. "Yes!!!" I screamed and he stood up quickly, pulling me into his arms. "I love you so much baby," he whispered and I smiled against his lips.

"It took you long enough bad boy," I told him and he frowned. "What does that mean?" He asked in confusion. "I've been waiting for almost a year for you to propose!" I told him with a goofy grin.

"You knew? How?" He asked and I smirked. "That's my secret baby," I told him and he smiled anyways. "You're so sneaky," he mumbled and I laughed. "Can we eat now?" I asked and he chuckled. "Of course."

The restaurant erupted with cheers and I blushed ferociously. The waiter walked up to us and I smiled, staring at my ring every other second. "What can I get the newly engaged couple?" A man asked and I smiled dreamily.

"I'll let me fiancé decide," I told the waiter, smirking at Ian.

Just a little something we've all been waiting for!