Chapter Thirty

Halie's POV

I was giddy the whole plane ride, beyond anxious to see my husband again. Aunt Carol had me packed and ready to go in less than three days, but I decided to stick out the rest of the days and spend time with her.

On the fourth day, I finally started to feel better, so we went eat out and watched a movie before going shopping for new clothes. She even cried the whole way to the airport. It broke my heart.

The intercom came on and the captain spoke loud and clear. "Ladies and gentlemen, as we start our descend, please make sure your seat backs and tray tables are in their full upright position," he spoke loud and clear.

"Also make sure your seat belt is securely fastened and all carry-on luggage is stored underneath the seat in front of you or in the overhead bins. Thank you."

I fastened my seat belt and slapped my hands together. It was finally time to land and see my man. Once the plane landed and we were clear to unfasten our seatbelts, I grabbed my luggage and made my way off of the plane in a hurry.

I skipped baggage claim because I was too anxious to see my man. We could always go and grab them after we had our reunion.

I set my bags down, looking around for Ian but I couldn't see anyone holding a sign for me. Why did I even think he would be standing there holding a sign in the first place?

"Halie!" His voice rang out and I turned around. A big smile came across my face and I took off towards him, my small carry on bags falling to the ground.

I jumped into his arms, squealing and pampering him with kisses all over his face. "I've missed you so much baby," he whispered into my hair. I hugged him even harder and cried softly into his neck.

"I've miss you so much more," I told him, finding his lips once more. He kissed me briefly with a much needed heated passion before placing me back on the ground. "How about we take this back to your dream house that I've bought," he suggested and I smirked.

"Oh I can't wait to see this," I mumbled and slipped my hand in his. "But first, we need to go get the rest of my luggage," I told him and he laughed. "You really skipped baggage claim?" He asked and I blushed, nodding my head. "I was just so worried about seeing you," I confessed and he laughed.

After we retrieved my bags, we exited the airport and headed over to the car and got inside. I smiled at him and leaned over to peck his cheek.

"I love you."

"I love you too," he said to me, smiling right back. "I'm going to shut my eyes for a second. I'm exhausted," I told him and he chuckled. "Okay babe. I'll wake you when we get there." I allowed my eyes to drift shut and eventually the sleep took over.

When I woke up, I was in bed cuddling with Ian. My stomach growled and I felt his breathing change. "You're up baby," he said softly and I nodded. "Yes and I'm hungry," I mumbled and he chuckled.

"Let's go eat then baby," he told me and I sat up. "What are we going to eat?" I asked and he shrugged. "I'm not sure. I've been eating noodles or eating out with the guys," he said and I shook my head.

"That's not good baby. Let me cook for us," I told him, but he shook his head. "No. That's fine. I have a meeting tonight with the team so we will be going eat out. You included," he informed me and I smiled.

"Sounds lovely," I told him, a real smile on my face. "Now, show me the house," I told him, but I felt my stomach turn. "Hold that thought," I said, running to the bathroom.

Once I cleaned my mouth, I walked back out to find Ian standing there looking concerned. "I thought you got over the flu?" He asked and I shrugged.

"I did but I guess I have a stomach bug or I'm sick from the flight," I told him and he narrowed his eyes. "Are you pregnant?" He asked and I shook my head. "I don't think so. I had went to the doctor and they told me it was the flu."

He frowned and I frowned with him. "Our time will come baby. I've been taking tests like crazy," I told him and he shrugged. "I guess. I'll take you to the doctors this week if you're still sick," he told me and I smiled.

"Sounds good babe. I really think the food from the flight messed with my stomach," I told him sadly. "Yeah. Well, let's explore." I followed behind him, popping my head into every opened door. The kitchen, living room, and dining area were all breathtaking.

I felt as if I was in my dream home. Four bedrooms, three bathrooms, and even a two car garage. It was perfect. "You did great baby," I told him and he smiled. I went to kiss him but I felt the dizziness take over.

"You okay?" Ian asked and I shook my head. "I don't think so," I mumbled before my legs gave out. Ian caught me, cursing under his breath. "Shit. Hold on babe. We're going to the hospital," he told me and I nodded my head.

"Okay," I whispered before passing out.

Only one more chapter then the epilogue!