Chapter Twenty Nine

Halie's POV

"Baby," Ian whined for the tenth time. "Please come with me," he begged. I gave him a sad smile and shook my head no. "I'm too sick to move," I mumbled and turned over in bed, pulling the blanket further up my body. "And plus, I still have things to pack. I'll fly out next week okay?" I asked, looking over my shoulder at him.

"Fine. But don't take too long. I need my wife with me. I can't do this alone," he said and I rolled over with a smile on my face. "If we wouldn't have went on that honeymoon for a week, I could have packed up. It's your own fault," I told him and he growled in frustration.

"And I'm not making my aunt pack my belongings. That's just wrong," I added in before he could even suggest that. "You're lucky I love you," he mumbled with a deep sigh. I giggled and patted the bed, signaling for him to sit next to me. He sat down and pulled me into his arms in one quick movement.

"Damn baby, you're burning up. Let me go get you some medicine," he told me and I sighed. "Thank you," I whispered, cuddling back up to my body size pillow Ian bought me.

He finally decided to keep medicine around the house for me, because it seemed like lately I had been catching everything and anything that was going around.

He walked out of the room and came back in shortly with some medicine. "Here baby," he told me while handing me the bottle of the deathly tasting liquid. "Thanks Ian," I told him and he smiled.

"In sickness and in health babe. I got you," he said smirking. My heart fluttered and I smiled at him. "You're the best husband ever," I voiced and he flashed me a gorgeous smile. "And you're the best wife ever," he whispered, leaning down to kiss my cheek.

"I guess I'll get going," he said sadly and I frowned at the thought of him leaving. "I'm going to miss you so much babygirl." I smirked at him. "You'll get tired of FaceTiming me in the next week," I told him, trying my best not to cry. "So don't worry too much."

"We'll see about that," he said smirking. He glanced at his phone and frowned. "I have to get going baby. I'll call you when I land." I sat up and kissed him softly before laying back down to get comfortable.

"I love you Ian."

"I love you more baby."

I watched as he picked his bag up and left the room, looking back over his shoulder briefly. It took every ounce of strength I had to not cry and run into his arms. He gave one last sad smile before leaving the door way.

His truck soon roared to life and before I knew it, the noise was faint. Sighing, I rolled over and groaned into my pillow. The was so unfair.

I missed my husband so much already. My phone chimed and I grabbed it, smiling at the text.

I love you babygirl. Get better soon. See you next week

'See you next week baby. I love you too' I replied before setting my phone back down besides me.

Not even a few minutes later, my bedroom door opened again. "How are you feeling love?" Aunt Carol asked and I rolled back over so I could see here. "I miss him already," I told her and she chuckled.

"I meant sickness wise dear," she said smiling. "Ugh. I feel like shit and Ian being gone is making it worse," I mumbled. She frowned and sat down on the bed, patting my leg.

"This week will fly by. Do you want me to help you pack?" She asked and I smiled weakly. "Only if you absolutely have nothing better to do," I said jokingly and she laughed. "I'll get started while you rest. I'll wake you in a little while for lunch," she told me and I smiled.

"Thanks Aunt Carol. You're the best," I told her softly. "And don't you forget it," she said smirking and I smirked right back. "I'm going to miss you like crazy," I whispered and she gave me a soft squeeze on the hand. "I'll come visit often," she told me and I smiled lazily.

The uneasiness feeling took over and I balled up and squeezed my eyes shut. Groaning, I took a deep breath and tried to breathe through the pain. "Can I catch a break god?" I questioned out loud before sighing.

What felt like an eternity later, the pain stopped and I felt my body relax momentarily before the urge to vomit hit. "Fuck my life." I jumped up and ran to the bathroom, puking in the toilet.

"Here honey," Aunt Carol said, handing me a wet towel. "I think I have the flu," I mumbled and she chuckled. "Could be dear. I just got over it," she said and I groaned into the toilet bowl.

"Help me?" I questioned and she sighed. "Of course love. Come on," she said, helping me to my feet. "Get you some rest Halie. The week will fly by," she said smiling and I offered a weak smile in return.

"I sure hope so," I whispered before falling asleep quickly. Part of me wished I was pregnant, but the multiple negative pregnancy tests proved otherwise. It just wasn't my time. Maybe God would bless me soon, but until then, I'd continue to wait patiently.