Chapter 4: New

I just want to start off by saying thank you for all the votes and comments, you all are awesome!

Without further a due;

Chapter 4: New

Jared's POV

It hurt.

Looking at her like this.

Knowing that whatever happened to physically scar her to that extent, I wasn't able to protect her from it. I wasn't able to take the pain away from my mate and tell her it'd be okay. The skin on Stella's left side looks as if its been burnt away and even I know that would've hurt the toughest of werewolves.

I feel my wolf rising to the surface as she sits up and grabs a flimsy shirt to shield herself from me.

Why is she hiding? I'm the last person she should hide from. She is stunning, scars and all. A low growl escapes my lips before I can muster enough strength to stop it. Seeing her like this sets me off and I can barely control it.

"What happened?" It may be forward of me to ask, but it's the only thing I can do to stop from shifting right here in front of her. I need answers.

Then it hits me, her emotions coming full swing through the mates bond, her insecurities, her fears, her worries, everything she feels I feel.

Only once have I felt this useless in my entire 18 years on this earth.

There she is -my beautiful mate- thinking fucking shit about herself and all I can do is stare. It's at time like now I don't care about what my father told me. I need to tell her and I will.

When the time is right.

"She has a fucking boyfriend," my wolf snaps venomously in my head like he has been doing since last night.

Carter.

Just his name has me wanting to rip his fucking throat out.

She's mine.

When I heard the words I love you pass her rosy lips I couldn't believe they weren't said to me. I should be the only one to hear those words come from her, not some weak human.

Stella looks up at me her eyes holding so many emotions and letting me feel every single one of them.

My grip on the door handle tightens considerably -to the point it might snap off- as I watch her head slowly fall into her tiny hands.

Before I know it I'm standing in front of her like the first night we met. She doesn't look at me and my wolf doesn't like that at all. He's used to the attention always being drawn to him wherever we go.

'Piss off' I tell him.

Her delicious scent hits me and I want nothing more than to reach out and take her into my arms, where she belongs.

"I'm sorry" I say meaning every word of it.

***

Stella's POV

"I'm sorry" he says.

"Please, p-please don't tell anybody" I beg him on the verge of tears. I look up at him and he's in front of me. His eyes widen as he inhales.

"Stella I-"

"Jared, get out now son" Anne's voice snaps both our heads to the door. There she stands holding the plastic bottle of pain killers in her hand, something I completely forgot I needed. The pain is gone on my side but the stomach churning feeling of someone seeing my burns is still there and stronger than ever as Jared stands before me.