Chapter 8: Restraint

AHH! TWO updates in ONE day!

Not edited.

Chapter 8: Restraint

When lunch rolled around I couldn't have been happier. Food and a chair to sit on, the best combo. Right before I enter the cafeteria doors I feel the need to do something first.

I pull my phone from my pocket and open it. I press the compose button and start writing;

Hey Carter, call me when you can. I type and press send.

It feels like forever since the last time we talked.

I can't help a nagging feeling from growing inside me. I really hope that the distance between us doesn't pull us apart.

I can't lose my best friend.

Being here in Sutton still isn't a dream come true, but at least the people are nice, excluding the red headed demon known as Kelly.

I feel a presence over my shoulder and almost scream when I see a head bobbing next to mine.

"Oh my God, Andrea!" I shout in fright. My heart is beating so fast now thanks to her.

"Y-your f-fac-ce was p-pricel-less" she says barely able to get the sentence out. She straightens up trying to sober up but fails miserably and starts to silently shake with laughter.

I turn away from her and walk into the cafeteria with a small smile on my face. She catches up quickly, still trying to suppress her amusement

"So who's Carter?" she asks suddenly.

How does she-

She points at my phone that's in my pocket.

"I didn't know we had a Carter at this school" Andrea says as we sit down at the table. May sits next to Luke, while Dylan sits chatting with some girl. Nate is also here, and I can tell he's do everything in his power not to look over here, or even talk.

Why is he acting so strange?

"You don't, well I don't know if you do or not, but Carter is my friend from back home. A really good friend" I tell her, all of a sudden I feel a little down. I miss him to death.

"Okay" she pauses and her eyes spark as if remembering something. "You know speaking of back home, I still don't know why you came here"

Oh no.

"No reason, just my parents" I shrug. I'm not lying completely.

"Just like that? You hoped up and moved one day?" she presses further. I know I can trust her, but I'm not going to tell her here at school.

"Yeah, just like that" I say and she gives me a look, but drops the subject.

But we both know that what I'm saying is not true.

***

I go to the washroom and change into my gym shirt after lunch is over. Thankfully the school provides students with long sleeved gym shirts as well as short ones.

I exit the washroom connected to the girls locker room and place my things in a random locker. I lace up my runners and start to make my way to the gymnasium.

Did I mention that gym classes are all coeducational at this school?

Well they are.

When I push open the door to the gym feeling a few people looking at me. I let the door shut behind me and look for anyone I may know. The first people I see are Dylan and Nate, they both stand near the wall talking about something.