Chapter 7: Forgot

Dedicated to TheeBossA

Chapter 7: Forgot

Jared's POV

Five more.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

I let the heavy weight drop across the bar of the bench press. Sitting up, I grab the end of my shirt, wiping it across my forehead to remove the sweat produced. I lay back down and repeat the lifts 20 more times before heading out of the gym room.

I step outside into the night wearing nothing but shorts and a t-shirt. Thankfully being what I am, the cold doesn't bother us much since we're hot blooded. I discard my clothes and toss them behind a tree before letting my wolf take over.

I feel my blood start to pump faster through my veins as I shift into my wolf . Sprinting across the damp earth of the forest is relaxing, weaving through trees and jumping over ragged rocks is the challenge.

I haven't had a run like this since the night I met Stella. Remembering the reason I was running then only increases my pace now. Thinking about her gets me excited and my wolf excited. We run for around an hour before heading back to the house.

I shrug my clothes on carelessly before entering the house from the back door. I make sure not to make much noise walking up the stairs, it being the middle of the night and all.

As I get closer to my door, my wolf starts to stir. Her scent washes over me and it's fucking intoxicating. I pass her door on the way to mine, which is conveniently directly across.

Having her laying so close to me, but in a different room is torture. Imagine wanting something so bad, but it's always out of reach to you, because that's what this feels like.

I walk into my room and jump in a cold shower to wash up. My mind brings me back to earlier tonight with Stella. I don't know why I told her about my brother tonight, I really don't. I don't know why I brought her to that place either.

Spur of the moment, I guess.

All I could think about was getting her out of that party, and away from the gawking guys staring at her. When I saw that pup from my pack go up behind and put his disgusting hands on her I lost it. I was half way through the crowd and on my way to beat the living shit out of that prick, when she threw him off. I continued on my way to him, just because he was off her doesn't mean he can get away with something like that. I wanted to hurt him until he'd be screaming for mercy, but all I landed were a few hard blows on his face before I had to gain control myself, and most definitely my wolf from killing him.

He was still a pack member.

A fucking lucky one at that, if it we're someone else they wouldn't have been walking the next day.

Do you know how many guys I've had to tell to get fucking lost and stay away from her. A lot!

I want to tell my pack about Stella being my mate, but I can't. It would be dangerous for her, the unmarked and unmated mate of an Alpha walking around without claim on her. I can't help if people assume Stella to be my mate, but I can control the people knowing for fact that she is truly mine.

I have a few of my trusted pack members keeping an eye on her for her safety when I can't be there. I still am Alpha, I have a pack to run. I wasn't supposed to take over until I turned twenty, but with rogues breaching the borders more and more now, we needed to have a plan and a person to execute it. I am Alpha, but my father still has a say for another 2 years.