Secrets Unburied

Totally a filler chapter. The book starts out slow but it gets better, promise. As always please point out any mistakes.
Two Weeks Later
Silk took up the majority of my closet and I rarely took off the sliver that adorned my arms and fingers. My small apartment was packed and I was ready. I had not heard from Candice or Mom since my "birthday" party but Tommy kept me updated. I had a good amount of cash on me since I sold almost everything of mine, and all my stuff was almost never used. I sigh as I get into the taxi on the way to airport and I hand him the money to keep him from grumbling about "picking young ones up at three in the morning because they don't want to face the walk of shame." I roll my eyes and pull out my E-reader.

Security was a bitch. After making sure I didn't have a bomb they just waved me through, didn't want to deal with all my metal I guess. Now I am on one of my three flights to America, the complementary crackers in my coffee as I gaze out the small plastic window. A mother and her child are seated next to me and the mother is already apologetic for her child. It doesn't matter though. Children have a strange obsession with me. Tommy thought it was because children, who are more imaginative, can "sense" that I am magic but whatever. The four year old next to me is already staring at me. I send him a small smile and he giggles loudly. "Can I play with your bracelets?" I select a thin, plain silver band and hand it to him and the mother apologizes profusely. "Edward you give that back right now!" I silence her with a raise of my hand. "It's fine. I obviously have enough." I empathize my statement with a jingle of my wrists and she cracks a grin. "Why do you have so many if I may ask." I shrug. "Silver channels energy." The woman smiles, her eyes lighting with excitement. "You're a gypsy! I'm a culture-ist and I can never get a gypsy to talk to me." I shake my head. "I'm Irish." The woman laughs. "Gypsy isn't an ethnicity, it's a belief." I shake my head again. "I'm Catholic." The woman deflates a bit. "Oh." I nod to support my words. "Silver and silk are conduits for energy. I need them." The woman has a spark of curiosity in her eyes. "Why?" I open my mouth to respond but a small voice interrupts. "It's her magic mommy. Can't you see it? It's gray and blue. Like her eyes." It's at that time that I decide to put my earbuds in, ending my conversation with little Edward and his mother.

"Miss. Miss. Hey magic lady. You gots to wake up. The plane is down." A small hand touches my arm and I open my eyes to see Edward looking at me with concerned eyes. I smile and he grins. "Here you go miss." He holds out my silver bracelet and I shake my head. ''Why don't you keep it." He gets really excited and runs down the aisle towards his mother. The plane is nearly empty and I stand up, collecting my carry on before leaving to grab my suitcase.
After grabbing my bags, I check my ticket to see I have a three hour layover. Wandering over to the airport McDonalds I get a Big Mac meal. I pick up a fry, only to drop it again when I get a vision.

Unknown Person
The small fey creature whimpers as I tear off its wings and I smile when I see its blue blood spill from the rips I made in its skin. "Master!" A voice interrupts my play time and I scowl. "What!" I snarl to the dis formed creature talking to me. The gremlin trembles and I feel a grin cross my face. "W-we found him sir. W-we found your son." My wings snap out behind me in excitement. I am coming for you my boy.

I come out of the vision and reach up to wipe my eyes. In my vision he was ripping gossamer wings off of a large blue fairy. It looked like a big blue version of Tinker Bell. And the sounds it was making. I covered my mouth to muffle a sob. No longer hungry I toss my food and flee the food court. Sitting down in front of the gate I need, I focus on calming my breathing until I fade into sleep.
"Aye." A sharp jab to my ribs wakes me up. "Your going to miss your flight." Realizing this stranger was right, I thank him before running through the gate to my plane. After apologizing for being late I sit in my seat and drift back to sleep.

Waking up to the wheels touching the ground I unbuckle and get ready to see my new home.
Alaska is beautiful. Although the accents these Americans have are quite strange. I have already paid for my apartment but I still need my key and it's very late here. I feel wide awake though and I remember the the fifteen hour time difference between my old home and my new one. Hailing a taxi I ask him to take me to the nearest hotel. As he pulls into the Motel 8 I see a small tabby cat pitifully begging by the door. I thank the man and hand him my cash before heading into the building.
"Hello. I'd like a room please." A young teen, maybe seventeen, stands in front of me. "Well yeah. We're a hotel. One bed or two?"
"One please."
"Smoking or non-smoking."
"I don't care."
After finishing the conversation with the particularly rude boy I go back outside and see the cat. "If you follow me I can give you some food." The cat looks at me with human eyes and I gasp. "Ookay. I need to get some sleep." The cat follows me to my room and I let him in. I turn to close the door and I hear a 'whoosh' and whip around to see a slender human like boy with very sharp ears. He grins, revealing sharper teeth, and I fall back onto the door. "I am Gabrielle, the Phoulka. Why do you have the insignia of the queen dangling from your wrist?" I look down at the multitude of bracelets on my arms and glance back up at the boy. He sighs irritably. "The crossed wings." I find the bracelet and shrug. "It was a gift from my mother." He cocks his head. "And your mothers name is?" I start to shake my head before I remember the name on the note. "Maybellene." The boy comes closer and sniffs me. "What are you?" I shrug. "The note from my mother said I was a Seer." The boy falls back with a shocked look on his face before getting down to a kneel, bowing his head. "Forgive me Lady Seer. What do you require of me." I blink. "Erm stop acting like that." He looks up at me, confused and I realize how young he is. Only twelve or thirteen. "Stand up...Gabrielle." He jumps up. "You'll allow me to stand in your presence after the dishonor I caused you?" I cock my head, confused. "How did you cause me dishonor." His head drops. "I did not address you properly Lady Seer, I made eye contact with you and I was rude to you." I snort and roll my eyes. "You're like twelve, it's fine." His head snaps up and he grins hopefully. "You're not going to punish me Lady Seer?" I snort again. "No. Just don't be an ass wipe and we'll get along fine." He hugs me. "I am forever indebted to you Lady Seer. Is there anything I can do for you." I smile. "You can answer my questions."

A short while later I realize why Gabrielle flipped out. Seers were incredibly rare type of fey who got chosen by a "Goddess" and could see the future. Seers typically aged until their body matched their soul (i.e. a really childish Seer could be eight for six hundred years.) And there were usually only three (to signify the fates) in existence at the same time. Seers were nurturers and naturally had a connection with children and animals. Gabrielle answered every question I had with hearts in his eyes. "What about when a Seer has a vision in public?" My mother had taught me to be ashamed of my visions and try to hide them. "Visions are so precious, if they happen in public, every one stops so they don't disrupt it." I was so shocked. I wanted to meet the people who wouldn't shun me when I saw mom burn herself on the curling iron at the dinner table. "Gabrielle." He immediately looks up. "Yes?" I make eye contact with him. "Take me there."