Travel by Trod

Shorter Chapter but things are picking up! Enjoy and feel free to tell me what to fix.
It turns out that there is a separate dimension. Gabrielle explained it as if a small piece of film is placed, separating the two worlds. You can get in between these worlds by "Trods". Trods are the magical little doorways found in places with high imagination or weak blockage. Children's closets, bodies of water stuff like that. I didn't really believe him but then again he was a cat when I first met him. The Fey control the Trods, making it very dangerous to leave the other place if you were on the Fey's bad side. Gabrielle took me to a lake a walked until it was about waist deep. Then he patiently waited when I pussy footed around getting into the freezing cold water.
"Are you sure we have too so this to get there?"
"Yes."
"We can't go to a kids closet?"
"No." I sighed and then waded into the water, squealing at the temperature. Gabrielle takes my hand and pulls me up to him. Then he proceeds to face plant us into forty degree water.

Traveling by Trod is weird. You are everywhere and nowhere at the same time. You are full and empty. It takes years and it doesn't even take a second. When we come up from the Trod I am dry but the chill of the water still hugs my bones. "We should probably get out of here as fast as possible because the Queen isn't happy with me right now and she is not a good person and I don't want you to get hurt Lady Ceridwen." He'd taken to calling me that after I told him my name and I hadn't been able to make him stop. "Why isn't she happy with you." He smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of his neck. "Phoulka are playful creature you see and I pulled a bit of a prank in her court and now..." He trailed off, a half-smile on his face and his arms in a "what can you do" gesture. I shook my head. "Okay. Where are we headed?" He bit his lip and tapped his foot. "Well as a Seer, you are automatically welcomed anywhere so where do you want to go?" I thought of my vision. "How many kingdoms are there?" Gabrielle smiled. "Six. Shifters ,Vampires, Fey, Mages, Angels, Demon." I bit my lip. "How many have white, red, and gold castles?" He scratched his head. "That's awfully specific." Then his eyes widened. "Is this for a vision?" He sounded excited and I bit back a smile as I nodded. "Okay okay um the Mages and the Vampires for sure but the Vampires have a large black stone wall surrounding the palace grounds and the mages have yellow, blue, green, and purple on their palace." I shook my head. In my visions I was already on palace grounds and the palace only had three colors. "Let's go to the Vampires Kingdom." He nodded ecstatically. "You're going to let me come!" I nodded back. "Sure, why not." He bounced on the balls of his feet before stepping back. "You're, what, five feet? And ninety pounds?" I scoff. "Don't you know it's rude to ask a woman that question? I weigh ninety- three pounds. Why?" He grins a little sheepishly. "Well I am about your height but I can't carry to much weight." It was true, he was about two to three inches taller than me and I nodded before I realized what he said. "Carry me?" He only smiled. And then the first crack sounded. His arms grew gruesomely long and his legs cracked and reformed. His back arched and he let out a scream as his face elongated. Hair spurted from his misshapen form and I saw what he was changing into. After another couple off cracks Gabrielle was now a small quarter horse with a bay coat. He nickers softly and I grin. "You look very handsome." He preens and I chuckle. "You have no idea how much I love horses." Hoisting myself up I grab onto his mane just in time for him to take off. Holding on as tight as I could without hurting him we ran until my thighs were sore and his ribs were heaving. Finally he stopped and I slid down. "Are you okay Gabrielle?" He snorted, sweat streaking through his pelt. He shifted back to human and I had to turn away. "I think that I am going to become something very small and take a nap in your pocket." He was panting and I laughed. "Okay that's fine. I just need to know where to go." He pointed to our left. "About fifty feet ahead there is a road. Follow it until you get to the sign. Follow the arrow that says Mortuus est tera. Then you just walk straight." Then he flopped on the ground and started changing. After the gruesome snaps and pitiful whimpers were over a small brown mouse was right in front of me. "Awww." Scooping him up I set him in my pocket before walking down the road. I had a long way to go.