Introduction

Harry buries his hands deeper into the pockets of his trenchcoat, boots crunching against the snowy London streets as he trails in between Elizabeth and her mom, stepping up the last few steps of Aryan's house

Harry buries his hands deeper into the pockets of his trenchcoat, boots crunching against the snowy London streets as he trails in between Elizabeth and her mom, stepping up the last few steps of Aryan's house. He glances up at it as it's illuminated by the purple night. It's a simple, quaint house that reminds him very much of his mum's home back in Cheshire. And it's not a conclusion drawn just from the distant warm glow he can see illuminating through the windows of the home, but there's a certain aura that he can detect. He's become quite good at recognizing what is and isn't true and humble in all his years, and from the moment Lizzie introduced him to Aryan- he had a good feeling about him.

She rings the doorbell and they wait for the door to swing open.

"Lots of people," Harry notes, glancing at the lines of cars in the driveway and up against the streets.

"You have no idea. You're going to have to shake a lot of hands," Lizzie says giving him a grin.

"Although, love, the good thing is that not a lot of people will know who you are," Lizzie's mother says, nudging Harry gently with her elbow as she grins at him.

Elizabeth bursts into laughter and Harry chuckles, shaking his head as his dimples pop.

The door opens and it reveals Aryan in a navy sweater with grays trousers and dress shoes underneath and his eyes immediately fall on Lizzie. "Hi, love," he greets, stepping out to kiss her cheek. He smiles at her and then helps her mom inside with Lizzie and Harry following.

"Harry, mate, good to see you again," he says, shaking Harry's hand and giving him a quick hug.

"You too, man. Yeh doing well?" Harry asks, taking his jacket off and taking Elizabeth's mothers from her.

"Yeah, yeah. Just busy with cases and well," Aryan pauses, glancing towards the rambunctious sound towards the middle of his home. "Wedding and family stuff, you know."

"Yeah," Harry says, shutting the door to the coat room. "Liz's been telling me how much planning goes into it. M'excited, never been to an Indian wedding."

"It'll be fun, yeah," Aryan says, intertwining his hand through Lizzie's and pressing a quick kiss to her temple. "You ready?"

Harry watches as she leans against him and nods. He almost feels like he's intruding from how magnetic the two are around each other.

They've barely walked a dozen steps into the living room when Aryan's mother hurries towards them, a bright smile on her face. She's wearing a pink indian dress and her smile makes her skin crinkle from how wide and genuine it is. "Lizzie, darling," she greets, hugging her tight. She turns to her mother next and they spend a few seconds whispering and laughing before the short woman turns towards Harry, "And you must be Harry."

Harry extends his hand with a smile, "Yes, ma'am. Thanks fo' having me."

Aryan's mother pulls him into a hug to Harry's surprise, with him towering well over her, "Nonsense, we're happy to see you. Make yourself comfy. Aryan, beta*, get him some food yeah? All of them."