Chapter One

Twelve years ago....

I sat on Angeals shoulder and reached for a Stupid Apple. "Come on!" i growled to myself.

Almost there...almost there... "Got them!" i yelled triumphantly.

Angeal fell backwards, with me still on his shoulders.

I landed on the ground hard, and my breath left my lungs.

He got up and held out a hand, smiling sheepishly. "You okay?"

"In a minute i will be." i puffed, handing him the apples and standing up, hands on my knees. My head was starting to hurt so i rubbed it with my hand.

When i pulled my hand back though, it was covered in blood. "Aww crap! Angeal! I am so going to kill you!" i yelled.

He took of running, me straight after him, black hair flowing through the wind.

He was laughing, and it slowed him down, allowing my to catch up and tackle him.

I landed on top of him and we wrestled for a while.

In the end though, i ended up winning, sitting on his chest.

"Sucker." i smirked. "Shouldn't have dropped me bro."

"Hey, i fell!" he defended.

I scoffed. "Come on. You're fourteen, and that's the best excuse you can come up with?"

"It's true."

I shrugged. "Still expected better."

There was laughing behind me. I turned my head and saw a guy, maybe the same age as my brother.

"Angeal, you lost, against a girl!" he laughed.

I raised an eyebrow to Angeal. "Who is he?" and man, was he cute!

"Shut up Genesis." Angeal huffed, pushing me off of him.

I fell on my ass, again. So when he went to take a step forward, i tripped him and scrambled upright, walking towards the guy.

"Hey." i greeted. "I'm Aimee Hewley, Angeal's sister."

He extended a hand. "I'm Genesis Rhapsodos."

I shook his hand. "I know who you are! Angeal talks about you all the time, you'd think that he was gay, if he hadn't gone out with any girls."

He laughed and i was tackled from behind.

I grunted. "Angeal, i swear, if you don't get off me in three seconds, i am going to kick you where the sun don't shine. One."

"Yeah, sure ya are." he scoffed, staying put.

"Two." i counted.

"So Genesis, decided to sign up yet?"

"Three!" i rolled over him, did a flip so i was standing on two feet, and kicked him, where i promised.

As he groaned and held his privates, i shrugged and said "I warned you." i turned to Genesis, who was wearing an amused face. "Sign up for what?"

"To become a SOLDIER." he told me.

"And you still haven't put in an application?" i asked.

"You have?"

"Hell yeah! Although judging by the look on my brothers face right now, i really shouldn't have." i leant in to whisper in Genesis' ear "I would've anyway though."

He blushed but chuckled.

"So anyway, you both should sign up already! You might even come to be in my league someday big brother." i mocked.