RL

Jack

           I stand next to Johnson, the wide arrangement of engagement rings in front of us.

           I grab a ring with a large shimmering diamond plopped on top of the sliver band. I stare at it for a moment before putting it back down, to big, Leslie wouldn't like it.

     "Bro, you do know that at one point you are going to have to choose one right?" Johnson jokes as he moves over to one of the couches and sits down.

     "Yes, Johnson, I do know that. It just seems like none of these are right for Leslie." I put my face into my hands and groan. 

     " G, I'm pretty sure Leslie will love any ring you give her. She loves you man, she won't care about the ring." Johnson points out, playing with the champane glasses.

      " She might not care but i do. I want the best for my girl." I stare at the assortment of rings once again.

      " Man, you sound so whipped," Johnson chuckles, " G, my man, you have gone soft."

        " Shut up, Maia has got you wrapped around her finger so if I were you I wouldn't be talking. " I look over at him to see the smirk whipped off his face.

    Johnson stops talking and pulls out his phone. I turn back to the rings and stare at them again. Some are too big, Leslie doesn't like big rings she not Cardi B, some are too little, she's worth more than that. I have no idea what to do.

    " Hello, still having problems finding one?" the worker comes up to me.

     "Yes, I am. You see none of them seem right." I explain to the worker, fustration rattling in my head.

      "Well, we do offer custom made rings. You can design the perfect ring but of course it has a larger price and will take a few days to weeks to make."

      " That sounds perfect! Where do we start?" excitement shines through my voice.

     Johnson chuckles from his seat. I turn and glare at him. He immediately stops.

    "Well you can either sketch out the idea or go over different diamonds, bands, shapes and sizes with me right now." The worker explains, bringing out three photo albums.

    "The second option sounds better. I'm not very good at drawing." I confess. Johnson walks over to me and smiles at the woman.

     "I'll help him, I'm the more artsy one. " He takes one of the photo albums and opens it.

     "Well, lets get started, my best friend is getting what she deserves. C'mon lets go." Johnson demands as he hands me one of the other albums.

   I chuckle and open the book. Lets get started.