DATE PT 2

Jack

          "This is crazy beautiful" Leslie looks around the restaurant, scanning the beautiful art all over the walls.

           " Well, I think I know something that is way more beautiful." I stare at her my heart pounding and the most amazing girl in front of me.

           "Oh yeah," Leslie starts to play with my fingers, "and what's that?" A playful smirk is on her face, clearly she knows what I'm about to say.

          " Why you of course." I say in a terrible fake British accent. And with that she starts laughing the most beautiful laugh I've ever heard.

       Leslie pushes a strand of hair out of her eyes and tucks in behind her ear. I stare at her in the awe of her beauty and just sit wondering to myself how I got so lucky to have her sitting in front it me while tonight I'm going to ask her to marry me. I just feel so insanely lu-.

         "What?" Leslie looks at me, an eyebrow lifted in confusion, "is there something on my face??" She lifts her hands to her face.

         " Yeah, there is." Her eyes widen in horror," beauty."

          "Jack!!" Leslie reaches across the table and slaps me playfully on the arm, " You scared me"

         I chuckle and smile at her. Underneath the table my hand starts to sweat and the hand on top of the table does to. I can tell by Leslie's face that she can feel it so I quickly take my hand away and wipe the sweat off on my pants. Thankfully the waiter comes with our meals.

         "voici tes repas" the waiter belts out in French and I'm about to remind him that I dont speak French when Leslie suprises me by answering in French.

         " Merci beaucoup. pouvons-nous obtenir plus de vin s'il vous plaît" She kindly smiles and the waiters nods and is off again.

          " woah babe. Sine when have you spoken the language of love" I joke.

         " I took advance French is high school and i've been fluent since." She smiles at me, my mouth wide open in awe.

        Soon the waiter comes back with a bottle of wine and refills our glasses.  We eat and enjoy our meals casually talking about everything and anything.

        Another reason I want to marry this girl so badly. We can talk about anything and I mean anything and she'd make it seem like the most interesting topic in the entire world. She makes me happy beyond imaginable.

          I tap the front of my jacket and feel the hard, wooden box that sits in my inner pocket. I check my watch and see that I have about 35 minutes till I'm suppose to meet Maia and Johnson at the Effiel tower and propose to Leslie.

          "Hey, what's going on inside that head of yours?" Leslie waves a hand in my face and takes me out of my deep thought.

          "Just about how fucking much I love you" I smile as she chuckles the lightly, once again, slaps my arm.

         " no cursing in fancy resturants, they are going to kick us out." I chuckle but she just sits and gives me a stern look.

       " No one in their right mind would kick someone as beautiful as you out." I lean across the table and put a hand up to her face.

         After about two whole minutes, I lean back against my chair and smile at her. " You ready to go." I glace at our empty plate and she smiles at nods.

          She raises her hand and hails the waiter, " Vérifiez s'il vous plait."