Chapter 5

───✧✦✧───

───✧✦✧───

I calmly walk inside my home, toeing off my shoes before locking the door behind me. I don't even rush as I walk to the kitchen where I find my parents sitting at the island talking to one another. They're both lawyers and even though they're both busy, ever since we were kids they always made sure that both of them would be at home with all of us after school.

They said something along the lines of not wanting to be neglectful parents and not wanting to miss out on what's going on in our lives. I stop right in front of them while keeping a poker face as I look at both of them before my dad sighs and my mom chuckles.

"Anita, no matter how hard you try, you've never been able to hide your emotions when it comes to us so out with it, we already know what you're going to say," my dad says as my mom continues to laugh. Undeterred, I thrust the enrollment papers into my dad's face and he has to move it back to see it properly.

"Everything went good when you met with the new principal?" he asks as he takes the papers. My mom moves closer, peering over his shoulder, eyes scanning the papers before widening when she realizes what it is.

"Oh honey I'm so proud of you," she gushes as she gets up to hug me.

"Thank you mom and yeah, he told me I should bring the enrollment papers tomorrow so I can start school by Friday. Also, you need to sign some transfer papers at my old school so you'll have to go do that tomorrow," I tell my dad. "So in conclusion you'll be busy most of the day tomorrow."

"I don't have any meetings tomorrow so I can do all that," he says as he puts the papers down.

"Thanks dad, you're the best," I say with a grin before walking out of the kitchen. I go up to my room, it's on the third floor of the house and the only other people besides me up here are my younger brothers.

I unlock the door before stepping inside my room, it's the best feeling to come home to your personal space to decompress. My room consists of my queen-sized bed, walk-in closet, vanity, bookcase, and my television plus gaming system. As for the colour scheme, I went with navy, grey, white and black; I prefer the darker or neutral tones on the colour palette.

My favourite part of my room is the bench at the window, it's a nice place to just curl up under the sun when I want to relax or read a book. I collapse on my navy duvet before rolling to face the ceiling as I just take a moment to relax. Not even a minute passes before my partially open door is slammed open. I lift my head slightly to look at the intruder or intruders I should say.

"Did it happen today?" Gabriel demands as he walks into my room.

"I hope it did because we've been doing this since Monday and I don't want to do it again tomorrow," I hear Michael say as he follows Gabriel. I see Noah and Ian right behind the other two and they all move to different corners of my room, all of them looking at me waiting for an answer. I sit up, rolling my eyes at their antics.