Chapter 6

───✧✦✧───

───✧✦✧───

"I wonder what those two are arguing about," Evan comments as he nods his head at Sean and Anita with Jason trailing behind them. It's lunch and we're in our usual spot in the corner of the cafeteria with enough space with all twelve of us.

"Whatever it is she's really annoyed," I reply as I take a sip of water and catch the tail end of the conversation they're having as she tells Sean to drop it. 

"Hey everyone," she greets as she sits between Connor and Chris. I nod my head, some say hi to her and the rest are either too focused on their lunch or something else.

"How was your morning? What classes do you have?" Connor asks her.

"It was good, I had biology and functions, in the afternoon I have English and then my spare," she answers as she takes out her lunch from her bag.

"Biology was interesting right?" Sean asks casually and the way she stabs her lettuce doesn't hide her irritation from Sean's question.

"Yes, reviewing cells and cell division was so enlightening," she replies sarcastically as her eyes narrow.

"Don't go hiding things Anita, our morning was more interesting than that," he replies and most of us are watching the two, we don't miss the tension simmering between them. 

"Cut the shit you two, what the fuck happened?" I demand as I glare at the two of them, tired of the cat and mouse game they're playing. 

"You should have just dropped it Sean," Anita tells him and he rolls his eyes in response.

"It's better we deal with it now instead of later," Sean tells her and she goes back to stabbing her salad. 

"For real you guys, what's going on?" Connor questions and Anita looks at all of us before sighing.

"Long story short, a girl in our biology class asked how I knew Sean, I told her it's because I'm on the team and she decided in her head that the only way I was even let on the team was because I'm apparently messing around with Red," she explains as she looks me straight in the eyes when she says the last part. 

"Which girl was it?" I ask her, I feel my eye slightly twitching after she says that. 

"I don't care what she had to say, it's nothing I haven't heard before and it's not like I believe any of the shit she's saying so why worry. Besides if she tries anything I can take care of it," she replies as she looks at all of us. By now we're all focused on her and like myself, the rest of the team isn't too happy to hear what's being said about our new teammate.

"Even if you say you're okay Anita, we're not," Evan tells her while his brother nods in agreement.

"We're a team so we always have each other's backs," Derrick tells her and Connor nods his head in agreement.