Chapter 16

───✧✦✧───

───✧✦✧───

It's it's close to one in the morning and here I am sneaking into Anita's room.  I can't believe I'm doing this, shit, if I never came back here with her this afternoon wouldn't have happened either.

〈 Flashback

"Red? What's up? You've had this serious face for the last couple of minutes?" I notice the show is paused and she's looking at me with curiosity. We split off from the team after we ate and we came back to Anita's house since I did agree to come back to watch anime with her so here I am. It's not something I'm interested in watching but I can't complain since she was considerate enough to choose one that's filled with action that I might like. Even though I told her she didn't have to, she just pouted cutely saying she already made up her mind.

We're on the fifth episode and we started off sitting close to one another, our legs brushing against one another, shoulders touching each other. Slowly with each episode it's just instinctively we got closer to one another and now I have my arm around her shoulder while she rests her head on mine. I just want to fucking kiss her already.

"You don't have to worry about me, I just had some things on my mind," I answer as she keeps staring at me.

"No, if something is bothering you, you can tell me," she says as she shifts in my arms to get a better look at my face. Her face is filled with concern, her lips in a soft pout for me not telling her anything. You know what, to hell with it. I place my hand on her cheek, stroking my thumb on her face. I watch her pupils dilate eyes widening as she looks at me in surprise. I lower my face until my lips are hovering over hers and our breaths mingle with one another.

"I want to kiss you," I whisper out, voice low and her cheeks redden. We're at a standstill, even if I want to kiss her I'm not going to do it without her consent; I'd be a piece of shit if I did. Her hands reach out curling around my shirt as she pulls me down in a kiss. I'm startled for a moment but when I get my bearings my fingers thread through her hair as I kiss her back. 

It starts off chaste, her lips are soft against mine and there's some hesitancy at the beginning but when her tongue twines with mine, my ears don't miss the soft whimper coming from her. I pull back from her so the both of us can catch our breath. Her eyes are glazed and her cheeks are even more red. She bites her lips and shyly looks away from me but I touch her chin turning her towards me. 

"Don't hide from me, it makes me want to kiss you again," I say with a soft smirk and she reaches up to take my hand from her chin, fingers playing with mine in nervousness.

"Why?" she asks.

"Why what?" I ask her.

"Why did you kiss me?" she repeats. 

"Because I wanted to," I answer plainly and I watch her facial expression turn to one of anger. She moves out of my arms and stands in front of me with her arms crossed.