Chapter 33

Chapter 33-

Alexis shifted in the soft white seat. The jet's engines had just begun and she could feel them softly vibrating the entire plane.

It was soothing to her.

The strangest part was how relaxed she felt to be returning to Chicago after the leaving the Bahamas. She was ready to put the past three weeks without Justin behind her entirely. It was time to move on.

She had already called Meredith and told her to cancel the appointment she had made. The situation had been resolved in the Bahamas instead.

It had been a hard decision to make, and she still wasn't entirely sure of it, but it was for the best.

Justin stood up from the seat next to her bed, his face hard.

"Get out." He spat to the doctor.

"Mr. Bieber I-"

"Get. OUT." Justin yelled. Alexis watched as the doctor was quick to exit the room, the door closing back behind him.

"Justin." Alexis began.

"Don't. Don't talk to me. Don't say a fucking word." He replied, his face turning red as the truth settled in his brain.

"Don't talk to me like that!" Alexis replied. "You don't understand anything!"

"I understand that you were going to kill that baby! Our baby!" Justin pointed at her stomach. "How could you do that? Were you ever going to tell me? Or were you going to hide it?"

"I didn't know what I was going to do!" Alexis sat up.

"What if I hadn't of been here? What would you have done? Would you have had the termination here? Would you have said yes?"

"I- I don't know." She replied.

"I can't- I don't. I don't know what to say. How could you be capable of something like this?" Justin questioned, his voice cracking.

"Capable? Do you think it would have meant nothing to me to kill our child? Do you not think that it wouldn't have torn me apart to do something like this?"

"Then why were you going to?!" he demanded.

"Because I was scared! I didn't know what to do! I didn't know when I would ever see you again, and I couldn't raise a child on my own!"

"Alexis-" Justin's face softened as the tears welled in her eyes.

"No, let me finish." She told him. "My life is nothing but danger. Anybody who's even associated with me is put in danger. And I refuse to bring an innocent baby into this world just to expose them to all the threats and risks that I'm faced with every day. I don't even think I'm ready Justin. I'm only eighteen, and we're not married. We agreed a long time ago that we wouldn't have children until we were married. But even those factors weren't enough to make me not want this child with you. I still want it Justin, but I can't have it alone. And I can't have you hating me because you think I would so easily have an abortion. I wasn't trying to make a selfish decision. The decision was made based off of what I thought was best for not only our child, but for you as well."

Justin slumped back into the seat next to her bed, his hands reaching out to cradle her face. "We can do this Alexis. We can have this baby and I'll be here for you every step of the way. I know it's not the best time for either of us, but that won't stop me from being the amazing daddy I know that I can be."