Overlord | @_logogriph

The world was blinking and Yae watched, lost in the deepness of thought as she pressed her cheeks against the cool glass wall that separated her from the unforgiving void that would mercilessly suck out her soul if it got the chance

The world was blinking and Yae watched, lost in the deepness of thought as she pressed her cheeks against the cool glass wall that separated her from the unforgiving void that would mercilessly suck out her soul if it got the chance. It was space, empty and deadly but it was beautiful.

If I could sell it. . . the woman barely managed to curb the thought, shrugging off the image and shifting her gaze to the crude flower she had drawn on the mist that was created by the heat of her breath against the glass. It's time to go.

Lights twinkled in the black void, the little specks of broken asteroids that made Gea's belt. The planet was too unique, mesmerizing swirls of pink and purple dancing along it's poisonous, slime-slathered surface.

Yae smiled against her reflection, admiring it for a moment, and pink eyes stared back at her, holding her gaze until the only color that surrounded her was a pale red.

She tilted her head and blinked away the confusion, eager to forget the odd color and get back to viewing the planet. If only I could sell it, she repeated in her mind, unable to help herself. Unconsciously she counted how many of her customers would pay for the dying planet.

When she peeled her lids open again, her mirror image had returned to normal. Pale hair still framed her dark skin and blonde lashes still shielded her cerulean eyes from the harsh rays of the rising star.

Her features had always made her stand out, even here in a crowd of pink-skinned Galians.

"But it's my uniqueness that makes me so approachable," she smiled to herself and ran her hand through her hair. She let herself forget that everyone who saw her was instantly terrified. They all were, bustling at the Ge-port waiting for their turn to board the various spacecrafts that were heading to the nearest galaxy in their desolate planetary system.

She watched as they ignored her, evaded her even. She didn't mind. She had only come back on business, she hadn't planned on staying long anyway. By forcing her to leave, the government had just made things easier for her. Plus, the trip was free.

Squaring her shoulders, Yae marched towards the queue, cutting past the line of violet haired Galians and headed straight for the attendant's desk. His eyes were set and his smile grim, the usual response of those who feared her enough to hate. Immediately protests sprung up from behind her.

Yae lifted her head, making sure her eyes were visible to the rest of the Galians. She heard sharp intakes of breath and fought to hide her grin.

With a casual shrug, she handed her ticket to the unamused man.

His loss. Yae moved past the gate and stepped directly onto the teleportation pad. She hadn't been allowed to take any luggage so there was no need for her to be scanned.

She let out a low hiss as the familiar tingle of the technology hovered over her skin. She had to be the only one that was sensitive to the damn thing.