Giant Metal Robots, and Demigods

Percy's POV

If someone had told me this morning that I would wind up meeting a race of highly advanced sentient robots, I would've thought they were crazy. Of course now Annabeth and I were staring up at five such robots right now.

Okay, okay maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself. Let's start with how this whole situation got started.

It all started when I received a message from Grover, about five months after retrieving the Golden fleece, After the event, Grover was still finding the god Pan.

he had traveled the states, it had kept him busy for a long whileafter all the god is hhad to fiend. so I was actually surprised when he asked for me and Annabeth.

It was pretty cryptic, all it said was that he'd found a powerful demigod and needed our help to get him back to camp. The whole thing sounded eerily similar to what had happened a year or so back when Grover had found another two powerful demigods, the di Angelo's, children of Hades. I was pretty hopeful that this time wouldn't end with Annabeth being kidnapped by another monster.

Anyway, the message had told us to come to Jasper, Nevada some town in the middle of nowhere. When we got there we'd meet him at the high school where we'd try and find this half-blood.

We had decided to take the bus there (me and planes don't mix), and got off at the edge of town.

"So," I asked as we walked along the sidewalk "what do we know about this new "powerful" demigod?"

Annabeth sighed and pulled her laptop she received from Daedelus (long story) and opened a file "Jack Darby, age 16, lives with his mom, no medical problems."

"You mean besides the usual ADHD and Dyslexia right?" I asked after all, almost all demigods suffered from one form of it. It was part of our heritage, the ADHD was actually our minds being hardwired for combat, and the dyslexia was to help us understand ancient Greek writing

"Nope" she responded "no medical issues at all, in fact his grades up until recently were exceptionally high, straight A's up until a few months ago, still high but mostly B's and C's"

I looked at her in shock "How did you get a hold of his grades? Aren't those private records, or something like that?"

She shrugged "Hasn't stopped me before."

I nodded before something clicked in my head "Wait what do you mean hasn't stopped you before?"

"Oh look, were here." She said changing the subject.

I rolled my eyes before looking over the high school. For a school in the tail end of nowhere, it was pretty nice. It was a pretty large building, nice front area with plenty of grass and trees and a large parking lot, which oddly had three pretty out of place vehicles parked in them.

One was a pretty awesome looking muscle car that had a yellow and black paintjob with its engine peaking out of the top of the hood. Parked next to it was a large green SUV that looked like it belonged in a military convoy. Then next to it was a small custom sport bike, that was blue and pink of all colors.

I let out a whistle "Nice cars, wonder if the teachers own those cars."

"Percy focus, we need to find Grover and the demigod." Annabeth said, with a hint of annoyance.

"I think I found him over there." I said pointing towards a scruffy looking teen with a baseball cap, who seemed to be in the middle of a conversation with a large red head.

We started walking over, when the red head suddenly shoved Grover, causing the poor satyr to stumble back a few feet.

I looked at Annabeth "Percy" She said "I know that look."