Returning Home

Jack's POV:

The three of us emerged from the space bridge onto a war torn ash-grey landscape. Onto Cybertron, my home.... and in a weird way, my father. Huh, I had a planet and a god as a father, weird.

I put my thoughts away as I took in the full view, and felt a heavy sadness start to weigh in on my spark. We'd emerged into a city of sorts, or at least what was left of it. Buildings lay in crumpled ruins, soot and smoke still rising from their blackened husks years after having been destroyed. The massive roads, one of which we were standing on, were collapsed in several areas.

The sky was a depressing grey, adding to the overall feel of the planet. It felt... dead. I could feel sadness radiating from the resident Primes in my head, and I spared a glance at Arcee. A sad look was on her faceplate, a look I understood.

Annabeth apparently, did not notice our sad feelings and gazed in wonder at the planet, "I-I can't believe it..." Annabeth whispered, "I'm actually on another planet! Guys...this is incredible!"

Neither of us answered as we looked at the destroyed landscape before us. Annabeth turned to us with worry, "Guys?" she asked.

I looked to see Arcee staring into the distance, "This isn't how I wanted you to see my home," she said, her voice cracking as she looked away, optics clenched shut.

I placed a servo on her pede, letting my mind connect with hers. She gave no physical reaction, her mind still lost in sadness. I let my own emotions run over hers, letting her know what I couldn't put into words. It wasn't much, but it seemed to do the trick, she perked up ever so slightly.

"I... I'm sorry, shouldn't have said that," Annabeth said, realizing her mistake.

"In the fog of war it's hard to see beyond the next leg of the mission, or the next punch in the fight," Arcee whispered, "We did everything to save Cybertron...but when the fog finally lifted...there wasn't much left to save." she croaked bitterly.

"Arcee! Jack! Do you copy?" Ratchet's voice crackled over the comm.

"Roger, we're on Cybertron," I replied through my built in comm.

"Just keep the sightseeing to a minimum, huh?"Bulkhead teased.

"Indeed," Ratchet replied, "We don't know if your journey ahead is 5 clicks...or 5000." He's sure optimistic.

"Understood," Arcee said, "We're out."

"Ok..." I said, looking at the key in my servo, not sure of what to do, "Ratchet said the card would guide us...but I don't see how or...what I'm supposed to..."

The Key started to vibrate wildly and pulsed with white light as I turned in a specific direction.

"There you go," Arcee said and transformed to motorcycle mode. I got on, Annabeth getting on behind me and wrapping her arms around my waist.

"Better not touch my wings again," I warned her.

The girl laughed, "Wouldn't dream of it Gear head," she replied, and I imagined she had a large grin on her face.

I rolled my optics as the three of us drove off down the broken highways of Cybertron at a break neck pace. We'd been driving for about 10 minutes, when the key flashed as I moved it in another direction.

"That way," I said, motioning with the key as it flashed.

"Toward Kaon?" Arcee asked as a massive city rose into view. Even from this distance, it was obvious that the city was massive in size. I could see its twisted buildings and structures with ease, and realized it was partly because my optics had zoomed in. I had built in binoculars!