Explanations

Jack's POV:

We all gathered around my father, eager to know exactly why he'd come to Earth in the first place and why he'd left. More importantly, I wanted to know why he lied to us for all these years and why he decided to come back now of all times.

Primus had his arms crossed and tapped his chin in a human like matter. I guess since he was technically in a human form it made sense, but still; after his display of all mighty power in front of us, it was odd to see.

"Let's see," he said, his voice wandering as he thought. "I guess for you to understand why I came and left, I'd have to start with the origin of Earth and its inhabitants," he said.

Several of us, myself included, nodded in agreement. After finding out the Greek gods were real and that Unicron made up our home, it would only make sense that my dad explained this to us as soon as possible.

"Well, as my disciple Optimus already explained, Unicron and I fought each other for millennia in a vicious tug of war that damaged our shared home of Cybertron in ways the Great War could never achieve," he said, though his voice was saddened at the mention of the war.
"Our energies clashed and remenents remain "
"Our conflict ended when I created The Thirteen to help me in the battle, and Unicron was cast from our world forever," Primus said. "I knew, though, that being immortal and as powerful as me, that he would not stay gone forever, so I devoted a small part of myself to watching my slumbering foe in case he ever returned," he explained.

"As you've probably figured out, he never did," he said, slightly sarcastically. "Though when a planet began to form around him, I became more curious than ever before. I wondered what form of life, if any could form around the chaos-bringer, would evolve and what the effects of his influence would have on the population," Primus said.

We all continued to listen with rabid fascination at his tale. I'll admit; I wanted to know what happened, even if I had a feeling I already knew. Still, the way Primus told it, it was like listening to the tale for the first time. Maybe that was the advantage of being a god: everything you say sounds interesting.

"At first, the effects were...expected," he stated. "The world was a chaotic mess, with nothing but violent earthquakes and volcanic eruptions dotting the planet. Needless to say, I lost interest in watching in earnest when something..." he paused, thinking to himself.

"When something...unexpected happened," he said, "Life emerged from the chaos, but not life in the sense that I knew of. Organic life, the rarest form of life emerged, simple creatures driven by base instincts," he explained, "but life nonetheless,"

He frowned as he continued. "I was fascinated by this development, this...formation of life from chaos and studied these creatures in earnest, from a far of course," he quickly added.

"I was disappointed to see that the animals seemed to live in chaos, killing and fighting whatever they came across with no signs of intelligent thought. No signs of order...Or so I thought," he said cryptically.

"What do you mean 'or so you thought'?" Annabeth asked.

"What I had mistaken for disorder, was in fact, a complex system, a complex order, which kept the chaos in check. Certain animals changed and adapted to changes in the environment," he explained. "Fast forward through several million years of change, and I saw the first true signs of not just natural order, but intelligence, in a race of beings," he said, before his eyes flicked over the humans.

"Humanity emerged from the chaos and soon began to tame it, control it, and conquer it," he said, with a hint of pride. "But they were violent," he continued, the pride dissipating. "Feuding and fighting over basic things, and I realized that if I didn't interfere, an intelligent race would wipe itself out," he said.