Anne

Walking into the cemetery I knew I'd find the gang there since Buffy had split they've become like a Scooby Gang. I knew they were all still trying to get me back to normal after the Angel thing but I was okay... I will be okay.

"Cheater!" I heard Xander's voice call and suddenly a roaring vampire jumped out in front of me as I staked him in the chest watching as he turned to dust "another one bites the dust" I punned walking over to my Scoobies I looked at them wide eyed.

"You know you're supposed to stake them right?" I asked rhetorically as they all looked at me bashful "You guys I can do this on my own" I told them putting my stake away.

"Okay, and the, uh, problem I'm having . . ." Xander says as he turns to Willow like I'd said nothing "'Come and get it, Big Boy'?" I frowned at Willow choice of fighting words.

"Well . . ." Willow stammers as we all look at her "W-well, the Slayer always says a pun or-or a witty play on words, and I think it throws the vampires off, and, and it makes them frightened because I'm wisecracking".

Seeing the look on my face Willow deflates "Okay, I didn't really have a chance to work on that one, but you try it every time" Oz stepped forward "Uh, if I may suggest: 'This time it's personal.' I mean, there's a reason why it's a classic".

"I've always been amazed with how you guys fought together, but . . ." Xander stops and picks up his bag "in a way, I feel like we took your sisterly puns for granted" Buffy talk again, I wasn't in the mood to talk about Buffy.

Willow gives Xander a scolding look "Xander, past tense rule" I sighed at Willow's past tense rule, I always used it and she hated that "Oh, sorry. I just meant we in the past took it for granted and, uh . . . we won't when she gets back" Xander scrambles as Willow looks at him sadly.

"Do you think Buffy knows school's starting tomorrow?" Willow asks as I walk ahead of them trying to look out for any vamps "Tomorrow. Right. Big day" Oz says awkwardly out loud.

I turn to him and raise my eyebrow but he avoids my eye, he's got a secret "Oh, I'm gonna be busy a lot. But, but only till 3:00, and that's when you usually get up" Willow rambles as Xander looks away dreamily.

"I can't wait to see Cordelia" he pauses looking shocked "I can't believe I can't wait to see Cordelia" I let out a small laugh as Willow bounces excitedly "I wonder what our first homework assignment's gonna be".

Xander puts his hands on his hips and gives her a look "Hey, you're excited over Cordelia, okay? We've all got issues" Willow pouts as I turn to them with a sigh "I guess we should call it a night".

"Yes, Boss" Xander agrees with a grin as they all nod following me out of the graveyard "Wouldn't it be great if Buffy just showed up tomorrow? Like nothing happened?" Willow babbled happily as I clenched my fists.

"She can't just show up, she got kicked out" Xander reminded her as she visibly deflated "Well, yeah, I-I know. I just wish ... I wish we knew where she was".

I turned to my redhead friend trying to sound mad at her "We know where she is Will, not with us, if that's the way she wants it then so be it" I hissed as Willow flinched a little.

"She's not coming home," I told the three of them as they all looked at me silently "Nikki..." Xander started but I put my hand up stopping him "Just go home and get some rest".

The three of us parted ways as I thought about my sister's abandonment, I couldn't believe she just left, I needed her and she left me. When Buffy didn't come home that night mom called around, but no one had seen her, she just left.

Mom had been sick with guilt ever since she told me what she had said to Buffy about not coming home and she believed it was her fault but I knew better.