The Wish

A pair of green scaly legs firmly planted to the ground as a pair of human legs dangled kicking out from someone pinned high against a tree. The monster makes gurgling noises and low-pitched roars as Buffy is being held against the tree by her neck. 

Buffy yells out desperately "Nnnrrf! Nnnrrf!" Nearby a picnic table Xander is just coming to having been knocked around by the monster, at the table, Willow frantically searches through their bag of demon-killing implements "Oh, God! Demon! Demon! What kills a demon?!"

Buffy struggles with the monster's hand at her neck, but can't get it to budge and has a hard time breathing "Nnnrrf! Nnnrrf!" Willow still searching through the bag suddenly understands "Oh, Nerf! Not Nerf. Knife!".

She finds a knife and runs with it to Buffy's aid. She tosses the knife to Buffy, who blindly grabs it from behind out of mid-air and stabs the monster in the chest. The monster immediately falls over dead, taking Buffy down with it. 

Willow and Xander help her up as Buffy sighs with relief "Okay. That was too close for comfort. Not that slaying is ever comfy, but... you know what I mean?" she takes a deep needful breath "If you guys hadn't been here to help..."

Willow grimaces at her best friend knowing the dangers of Slaying "But, we were, and we did, and, and we're all fine" she looks down at the monster and tilts her head thoughtfully "Isn't he gonna go poof?" Xander and Buffy both look at the monster confused before the latter shrugs "Mm, I guess these guys don't. We'll have to bury him or something. Uhhf...".

They all walk over to the picnic table wary from the new monster "Makes you appreciate vamps, though. No fuss, no muss" Buffy sits cross-legged on one end of the table, Xander sits on the other and Willow sits on the bench below and between them and grabs a drink.

"So how come Faith was a no-show? I thought mucus-y demons were her favorites," Xander questions as he munches on a snack "Couldn't reach her... again. She hasn't been hanging out much" Buffy shrugs reaching for a snack.

Xander eyes his blonde friend "I detect worry," Buffy shrugs her shoulders "A little bit. Slaying's a rough gig. Too much alone time isn't healthy. Stuff gets pent up," she munches the snack as Willow pipes up "We should try to do more socializing with her".

Buffy looks at Willow with a small pout "Mm I tried but I get the feeling she only has room for one blonde Slayer in her life," she half-joked talking about her twin sister "She still choosing Nikki to Slay with?" Xander asks as Buffy nods quickly "like I get they're friends but now it just seems like Nikki doesn't want to hang with me anymore".

The three of them are quiet until Xander pats his legs "Well, burial detail aside, does this cap us off for the day?" Buffy glances at him questioningly "You got plans?" The dark head teen laughs sarcastically "I cannot stress enough how much I don't have plans".

Both girls grimace at his tone "No luck reaching Cordelia?" Buffy asks gently knowing how many voice-mails he was leaving his ex-girlfriend daily "I've left a few messages. Sixty... Seventy... But you know what really bugs me?" he looks at Willow "Okay, we kissed. It was a mistake. But I know that was positively the last time we were ever gonna kiss".

Willow nods quickly in agreement "Darn tootin'!" Xander gestures wildly "And they burst in, rescuing us, without even knocking? I mean, this is really all their fault" Buffy rolls her eyes at her friend's dramatics "Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic".

Xander shrugs as he continues to snack "Mine is much more advanced" Buffy smirks as she lets out a soft laugh "and it's times like his I can see why Nikki has trouble not hitting you" Xander just pouts at the Slayer's words.