Band Candy

Spinning around with a blindfold on I huffed feeling Giles' hands leave my shoulders "one, two, three, four" I counted listening out for the telltale sounds of Giles' shoes scuffing around "five" I called throwing the ball and grinning when I heard a thud followed by a groan.

Pulling the blindfold up a little I smiled noticed Giles' glasses askew "right, you seem to know what you're doing" I giggled at Giles' tone as I placed the blindfold back down knowing our training session wasn't over.

"Is Buffy coming?" I asked Giles hearing him walk off "Uh, yes, she should be here soon" I nodded at his answer waiting for his next instructions "Now I want you to do something different," he said as I frowned "different?".

"Yes, this time I will throw the ball" Giles explained as I nodded a little confused "and you want to test my catching skills?" I questioned sarcastically feeling Giles circling me like a predator waiting to pounce "No, I want you to deflect it".

"seems simple enough" I interrupted shrugging this was nothing compared to our other training "using your telekinesis" my head shot up, and I ripped the blindfold off "no way" I growled turning to find had stopped behind me "I can't".

"You're not using your gift enough and after what happened with.." I growled again knowing what Giles was about to say "You're losing control of your power" I clenched my jaw knowing it was true after what happened with Angelus my 'gift' seemed to have more power over me than I do of it.

"Who told you" I questioned watching as he pushed his glasses back up holding the dodgeball under his arm "Faith" he told me honestly and I huffed out a laugh "she was just thinking about you" Giles explained as I put my hands on my hips "She's always thinking about me".

A quietness overtook the two of us and I looked up at my mentor sadly "What if I hurt you" Giles' eyes softened a bit as he heard my whisper "I have a lot of faith in you Nicola" nodding I tied the blindfold back on with shaky hands.

"Remember your breathing" Giles added as I heard him circle around again, closing my eyes under the blindfold I began to use the breathing technique Giles had shown me for my panic attacks. In and out, slowly, in and out.

Rubbing my thumb again my finger I felt the static of my Slayer senses tingle throughout my body as my ears tuned into Giles' footsteps, his steady breathing and the faint sound of his pocket watch ticking but what I was trying to tune into was my Slayer Instincts, they were like an alarm clock that rang throughout our bodies when danger approaches.

Feeling the ball coming to me I suddenly started to flail as fear constricted me instead of the confidence I used to feel when I finally had got used to me power "damn it" I mumbled when I felt rubber bouncing off my head.

Lifting up the blindfold I looked at Giles silently as he watched me almost like a confused father would do when his child falls after learning how to walk "Nikki" he started but I had enough "I can't do it okay!" I shouted feeling trapped as my gaze landed on the floor.

"I can't do it... I'll just hurt you.... my powers are out of wack and no good" looking back into Giles' eyes my breath hitched as I refused to cry "I'm no good" I tensed when Giles pulled me into his chest like he had done so many times before.

"There is nothing in this world that could ever make me believe that" he murmured to me as I held onto his jacket "we just need to find the trigger for your power" pulling back I looked up at my watcher "Trigger?" I questioned as he nodded cleaning his glasses.

"As far as I've read Powers like yours all have a trigger for them to work. Be it a word, emotion or even gesture" I nodded following along with Giles' explanation "now we know you can use your telekinesis through both your eyes and uh your hands".