Amends

Smiling down at the gift I had just purchased I knew Faith would love it "Hey B; I just got Faith the perfect..." walking closer I was about to show her the gift when I saw her talking to a very familiar vampire.

"Nikki" Angel breathed as my fists tightened around Faith's gift "Angel" I greeted stoically as my sister just looked between us quietly "You look..." my jaw clicked at his attempt at a conversation.

Angel grimaced, stopping himself as Buffy continues to watch us like a child being told to sit in the naughty corner, Angel's attention is soon diverted to behind Buffy and me.

"Um, we'd better go before the magic store closes" Buffy stutters as she sighs to softly, but Angel is still distracted, turning my head I see nothing behind us but people none of who were looking our way.

Buffy notices Angel's distraction too, "Angel?" She calls, but the vampire is still stood frozen, Buffy looks behind herself then turns her concerned attention back to Angel "What is it?".

Angel is frozen with fear, and that honestly frightened me, what did he have to be so afraid of that made him like this. Looking into his eyes, I was shocked to see the amount of fear they held, I've never seen him like this.

Glancing at my sister I raised an eyebrow wondering what we should do, but as soon as she steps forward to place a hand on Angel's shoulder, he takes off leaving my twin and me behind.

"that the weirdest thing I've ever seen," Buffy tells me as I narrow my eyes at her "really that's the weirdest thing? Have you seen your bangs," I told her dryly as she glares at me, "Hey, I told you not to cut them, but you didn't listen."

Buffy pushed past me with a pout, "I thought they looked cute" I snorted walking after her as we made our way towards the Magic Box "You thought wrong sister."

Sitting with Cordelia in the student lounge, I smile while listening to her telling me about her trip to Aspen "So enough about me, how are you doing without Beck?" I sigh at my friend's question knowing she truly cared instead of being nosey

I shrugged placing my feet on the coffee table "It's hard but I lived before him, and I'll live after him" I told her honestly, I loved Beck, but I wasn't going to become a hermit because he was gone.

"Oh god," Cordy muttered, looking over my shoulder looking uncomfortable, "What?" I questioned turning to see Buffy, Willow, and Xander heading our way, "Wanna leave?" I offer, but she shrugs and instantly her demeanor changes.

Buffy takes her bag over to the Holiday Food Drive collection box behind the couches and starts pulling cans of food out of her bag and putting them in the box as Willow and Xander sit on the couch opposite us.

Xander eyes Cordy nervously before turning to Willow "Well, I'll be enjoying my annual Christmas Eve camp-out. See, I take my sleeping bag outside, and I go to sleep on the grass" he calls out with false heartiness.