Revelations

Faith and I both roll onto our backs, side by side, each with a vampire on top of us. I backhand punch my attacker while Faith struggles to get control over hers. The vamp on top of me tries to punch me but I redirect his arm to hit the ground next to me. 

Giles watches calmly while sitting behind us on a nearby bench, I was still on my back whilst the vamp is now standing over me, throwing punches down at my body. Faith log rolls away from us, taking her attacker with her. Giles takes off his glasses and cleans them.

Faith manages to roll on top of her vampire she yanks him by the lapels of his jacket to a standing position, spins half-way around and throws him into a log roll over a stone bench. He hits the ground and keeps on rolling. I get up and duck a half-spinning, jumping hook kick from the vampire and then sidestep to avoid a punch.

Faith jumps up onto the bench and then back down to the ground. Her attacker aims a punch at her face, but rethinks his maneuver and decides to snap kick her in the gut. Faith grabs his foot and throws it over his head, forcing him to flip over landing hard on his stomach. 

I throw a punch at my vamps face but he ducks it; I try for another one, but he blocks it. Then I aim for his stomach with another punch, but I'm blocked yet again "Goddammit!" I growl as the vampire tries to punch me, but I latch onto his arm and yanks him backward, then forwards, and twists his arm, sending him flipping onto his back. 

I noticed Giles calmly watching and takes notes. Faith has a firm grip on her attacker, and throws his head backward, sending him flying back onto a bench. His momentum carries him sliding over it, Faith jumps up onto the bench following him over, ready to attack again. 

I send my vampire spinning back to the ground with a two-kick combination of a roundhouse followed by a hook kick, I pause for a moment to let him get back up, and then roundhouse kicks him in the gut, followed immediately by a punch to his face as the momentum of my kick carries me around. 

Giles picks up his cup of coffee and continues his calm vigilance. Faith jumps down from the bench and roundhouse kicks her vampire in the face. I roundhouse kick mine again in the stomach as Faith punches her vampire in the stomach and takes aim with her stake. 

I shove my vamp against Faith's, and they end up back to back as we both expertly both plunge our stakes into our respective demons simultaneously, causing us both to explode into ashes. After the dust settles, we give each other a high-five and Faith throws her arm over my shoulder as we head over to Giles.

"Synchronized slaying" I laugh linking my hand with hers as she hip bumps me "New Olympic category?" she winks as I face Giles "Whadaya think?" Giles lowers his coffee cup but keeps it held at mouth level.

"Sloppy" A voice calls out as we all turn to look at the woman who's just walked into view. Her hair is pulled up in a severe hairstyle, and she has a very serious look on her face "Excuse me?" I growl pissed off, I'd like to see her fight off a vamp.

"You telegraph punches, leave blindsides open and, uh, for a school-night slaying, take entirely too much time. Which one of you is Faith?" She literates as Giles looks back at us as we stand shocked.

"Depends. Who the hell are you?" Faith mumbles as her arms slide off my shoulders, Faith is stoic still, this is her usual go to when meeting new people something we had in common "Gwendolyn Post, Mrs. Your new Watcher"

Faith and I exchange a look, then look over at Giles who is still holding his cup and staring at Mrs. Post, too dumbfounded to speak "What the...?" I start with a raised eyebrow.

††††††  

Giles had ushered us back to the library after the shock of meeting with Faith's lovely new Watcher. Giles is leaning against the stair railing, cleaning his glasses, I was sitting near the middle of the large central table with several books lying open on it.