Chapter 28: Re-Meeting People

(F/N) POV

The city of Mistral, a city built on a mountain, we had finally reached it. The trip was quiet after the events that happened at Raven's bandit camp. She was still with us though Sienna argued that we should turn her in, I still wanted what information she had. For now the White Fang and the three of us were staying in a guest house that the headmaster of Haven, Leonardo Lionheart, offered us. He said it was a sign of good faith to the White Fang, I could sense fear in him but nothing happened the first night we stayed. It was on the second day that the members went out to recruit, I went with them to keep them safe leaving Raven and Sienna at the house. I was worried Sienna might turn her in behind my back, but if she did she'd just be showing that she can't be trusted. The other members and I hadn't talked much, I was mostly just keeping an eye out for them, being able to sense negative emotions has its pros and cons.

I could sense at the lower levels of the city that people there weren't in the best shape, I could also see it with my own eyes. Some of the members wanted to visit the lower levels to find struggling Faunus who could use the help of the White Fang. Nothing eventful happened while watching over them, I had talked with a few of the people they wanted to recruit, but later I saw someone that made my heart sink. We were still in the lower levels, walking through the market when I heard a kid asking for work. I almost couldn't believe my eyes, Ren and Nora, their clothes were slightly ragged, they clearly had dirt on them, but that hair of hers and his demeanor were unmistakable. I told the group to wait a moment and started to walk over to the two. The shop owner didn't want to hire them, causing them to walk away, though the girl tried to be positive. She definitely had to be Nora, though she didn't seem as hyper.

(Y/N): "Hey kids." I got their attention. "You need some help?"

Boy: "No thank you sir, we couldn't trouble-" The girl jumped in front of him.

Girl: "Do you have any work?"

(F/N): "Possibly. I'm (F/N), what's your names?"

Ren: "Lie Ren."

Nora: "Nora Valkyrie!" I couldn't help but smile at her energy.

(F/N): "It's nice to meet you. I saw you were asking for work, do neither of you have a place to stay?" Nora seemed to lose her energy.

Nora: "No... we don't."

(F/N): "Well... I should probably ask her first, but seeing as I love to mess with her, how about you stay with me and the White Fang for the night, then we can see about finding work or a home?"

Nora: "Really?!" I nodded my head, she instantly jumped for a hug. "Thank you!"

Ren: "I don't mean to be rube but why are you helping us?"

(F/N): "It's what a Huntsman does."

I brought them with the White Fang back and the look on Sienna's face is quite interesting, it looks like she wants to be mad at me, at the same time she can't, at least not in front of the kids. I asked one of the White Fang to show them to the bathroom so they could wash up while I made them something to eat. Sienna didn't say a word, just crossed her arms and watched Raven who was sitting on the couch with her arms still stuck behind her back. Once Ren and Nora finish I gave them food and showed them to a spare room. After that I went back downstairs to watch Raven so Sienna could have some free time. We sat there in silence for some time until she spoke up.

Raven: "Kindness is a weakness, giving to others doesn't make them stronger."

(F/N): "Yeah, but you can't be strong if you're so hungry you can't stand."

Raven: "Then they die."

(F/N): "No, then the strong teaches them. Without the weak, how do you know you're strong, how do you know you're a good teacher, a good leader if you can't bring out the best in people?"