the calm

If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm.

Frank Lane

~~~

Cas, Jack, and I were driving back to the bunker.

Turns out while we were all asleep last night Gabriel changed Baby back into a car. Dean was beyond happy about that.

I, personally, think it's extremely dumb and wasteful to drive when Jack and I are fully capable of flying.

Cas says we aren't ready to fly that far yet, he tells us are wings are still too weak. But whatever.

"Castiel!" I draw out, throwing my head against the soft leather of Baby.

He exhales a breath, clearly annoyed with me. I've been asking him "Are we there yet?" for a while now. What can I say? I like being a nuisance.

"Nova, we are going to stop at a motel for the night. Then continue driving in the morning. For the love of all things holy, shut up!" I silently laugh, an angry Cas is the best. He reminds me of a little bunny trying to be all scary and intimidating.

I look ahead at the front seat and see Jack.

I take this time to stare at him.

He looks happy and content, staring out of the window. I envy his happiness.

His brown hair is messy and all over his head, an obvious sign he had only woken up a couple of hours ago.

I smile when he starts bopping his head up and down to the song Cas has playing through the speakers.

God, he's perfect.

As if sensing someone was watching him he turns around and smiles at me.

His pale blue eyes twinkling when he noticed I was staring.

- I like it when you stare.

I roll my eyes.

~ Don't let it get to your head. Your egos big enough already.

I joke with him.

He smiles at me.

"Hey! No telepathic communication you two!" Cas says catching on to what we were doing.

I laugh, "Anything you say Cassy."

He glares at me in the rear view mirror before looking back at the road, but I swear I saw him smile.

We stopped by a diner to get food then checked into a motel.

"Dean told me not to let you two sleep in the same bed," Cas informs us when we open the door.

I snort, "Of course he did, that man knows everything before I do it."

"I'll be on the couch, feel free to sleep whenever." Castiel states going around a corner towards the couch.

I sigh and walk into a different room that has two beds.

"I'm tired." I yawn.

He nods, "Me too."

We sit on the bed for a while in silence, but it's not awkward, It could never be awkward with Jack.

I rest my head on his shoulder and grab his hand.

He tenses before relaxing, then intertwines our fingers, "You're not going to listen to Dean, are you?" He asks, already knowing the answer.

I smirk, "Do I ever?"

He shakes his head laughing.

I jump into bed and crawl underneath the covers, Jack soon follows.

He snakes his arm around my waist, leaving small jolts of electricity every time he touches skin.

"I love you," I remind him.

He shows me a goofy grin, "Say it again."

I grin, "I'm in love with you Jack Kline."

He leans forward, kissing my neck, "I love it when you say that."

He rests his head on my chest and I run my fingers through his hair, "You're beautiful, amazing, pure, and everything that is good in the world."

He looks up at me, "I'm so in love with you it's crazy. You represent everything that is worth living for."

I laugh as a response.

"Go to sleep, Jay."

He yawns, "Good night, my love."

Aloha, long time no see!

Here's a small and sweet little filler before everything happens.

I love writing the fluff it's so cute and I'm so single help.

Song: "Bette Davis Eyes" Kin Carnes