prologue ➳ chapter 1

a young, petite little blond girl was roaming around the town of fiore, all by herself might i add. she was alone and she seemed like she had been for awhile.

she inhaled deeply before coughing. "geez..." she looked down at her hand. she had coupled up blood. this was not at all a good sign.

what is happening, you ask?
well, let's go back to when it all started.

earlier today

"daddy! daddy! c'mon, please?" the little girl asked her father.

"i said no!" he bang-ed on his desk before slapping her dead in her face. "stop bugging me, you stupid child! play with one of the maids!"

the poor little girl had no more tears left to cry. she turned her heel and hurriedly walked off. this had happened many, many times before. she knew very well that it was wrong; but she also knew, this was her father. maybe he will change.

unfortunately, not. he hasn't changed and he will not change. she could only hope.

she realized this all now. quite late in her life. the little girl was only 5, nearly 6, actually. she decided she should leave this ratchet place now. it was far too hard to be in here any longer.

she talked to one of her favorite maids; her name was spetto. "hey, can i get my keys, spetto?"

"sure, lucy," the maid with the name of spetto, seemed to know exactly what she was doing. and she was proud. proud to finally see the poor girl muster the courage to leave.

"thanks." her voice was a little raspy, and she spoke lowly. "you've made everything so much better here. i'll see you sometime." she forced a smile on her quivering lips. oh, how her cheeks ached. you could probably visibly still see where her father had always smacked her.

there was many other welts and bruises on the little girl. though, he mentally abused her as well. those you cannot see, but were definitely there.

spetto appeared with two keys in her hand. "here they are, dear," she said. "now, please be careful out there lucy. you got it?"

the little girl known as lucy nodded eagerly and took the keys from her hand. "yeah, got it." she studied the keys for a moment before clutching them tightly in her hand.

"here," spetto gave her a key ring and a holster. "i love you, lucy. always remember that."

"i love you too, spetto."

spetto had been the best maid there ever was. she had been with the family for 10 years now. and when little lucy's mother died a year after she was born, everything was down hill from there. though, she'd never leave, no matter how hard it got, she will stay loyal to the family.

and as little lucy left the mansion, a faint memory of her mother played in her mind. there was her father, her mother, and someone else with the name aquarius.

they were all playing outside in their enormous ingroud pool. it was a beautiful summers day and the sky was left cloudless and blue.

she remembered her mother picking her up and placing her on a beach towel next to aquarius.

and that was all she had remembered. that was the only memory she had of her mother. after her mother died, her spirits did too. they betrayed their duties and they did not want to face lucy. they simply were not ready. but when will they ever be?

that brings us to now

little lucy scratched the back of her neck, sighing. "hmm," she thought aloud. "where to go..?"

she was so young, what could she do? where could she go? she had no plan at all. all she knew was she had to get out of that place.

she soon stumbled across a forest. she wandered inside, being the curious cat she is.

something immediately changed. it felt different as soon as she took the step inside. the forest was on the outskirts of the land and was stopped by a rather large lake. the ocean, probably.

though, she shook the feeling away and placed both feet inside. cold shivers shot through her spine immediately.

she gritted her teeth. it was far too cold in there. "it's freezing.." she mumbled to herself.

she explored for about three minutes until she heard something awfully frightening.

it was a large deafening roar, probably even shaking the ground.

she covered her ears and shivered in both fear and the chilliness.

she wandered what in the world could have made so much noise. this had to be her imagination.

that's when she saw it. the creature. the one thing that had made all the noise. it was enormous, scaly and scary.

it was a dragon.