chapter 7

lucy's first day at fairytail wasn't the best day of her life, but she did enjoy it very much. she even ended up sleeping at the guild. she didn't have a place to sleep, anyway, but she didn't mention that.

she mentioned nothing about her personal life, and she didn't plan on doing so anytime soon or even at all.

— as lucy awoke, she examined her surroundings. she was next to all of her new friends. laxus, erza and cana.

laxus, laxus dreyar, was the grandson of the master, macarov. he was a second generation dragon slayer; which surprised lucy because she didn't know they existed.

erza, erza scarlet, had just joined the guild recently. she was still getting use to the place just as lucy was. she was motherly and caring, and did not like fighting.

cana, cana alberona, has been at the guild for awhile. no one had ever knew or understood why, but it never seemed to bother anyone; except herself. she was sad and quiet, lonely, too. even with all the happy faces and people around her, she was lonely. still, she made friends with lucy and talked to her. they got along well.

lucy took off her jacket and set it on her lap. she wiped away the forming sweat on her forehead. she zipped up her pockets, making sure nothing would fall out.

and that's when erza woke up.

"light sleeper?" lucy asked as erza raised her head, rubbing her eyes.

she nodded. "yeah, i guess you could call it a habit."

lucy nodded. "good morning, though."

erza smiled and tucked a few stray hairs behind her ear. "good morning to you too, lucy!"

then, the guild doors slightly opened. a little head peaked through.

"who's there?" erza questioned and got up from her seat.

the door was pushed open. and three children stood in the doorway.

lucy stared at the three. all of them looked so different. this made lucy feel more, what was the word? at ease.
she had no idea why, but it did.

she felt relieved and satisfied. and that's how she knew, she'd become friends with them.

lucy inhaled and hopped out of her chair. she walked toward the three.

"hello," she greeted with a smile.

there was a little girl, a boy, and another girl.

one of them had picked something up from the floor and quickly put it back on. it was a black cloak. she had dropped it.

the littler girl spoke, "hello!" she had short white hair, with white cat ears and whiskers. bright blue eyes, and a cat paws. a white and black striped two piece with a tail.

the one with the cloak had buttoned it back up. "where's the master of this place?" she asked.

"he's over there," lucy pointed toward macarov's office.

lucy waited for them to come out.

the three of them walked out with their guild marks in all different places. lucy watched and spotted where all of them had decided to put it.

the one with the cloak had taken it off, and it was held in her hands. she noticed lucy sat at a table alone, waiting impatiently.

lucy waved.

the shorter girl came running toward lucy. once she got to the table, she sat down beside her. "i'm a fairytail member now! see!" she tilted her body and lifted her dress slightly, revealing a silver white phoenix.

lucy smiled, and for what seemed like forever, it actually seemed real. "wanna' see mine?"

she nodded, grinning.

lucy lifted her leg and pointed to her dark blue mark. "so, what's your name?"

"i'm lisanna," she said. she no longer looked like a cat. she wore a baby pink dress now. "what's your name?"

"i'm lucy!"

and that's when the other two came toward the table. the boy no longer had a beastly looking arm, but the once cloaked girl looked the same.

lucy held her hand out in front of the two. "hey, i'm lucy," she said.

"i'm elfman," the boy said and grinned, taking her hand and shaking it.

"and this is mira," he wrapped his arm around the girl's neck.

the one called mira gave lucy a small smile. "hello," she spoke. she had long white hair, blue eyes, and a beast's arm.

"hey, mira! guys, sit!" lucy had changed; she felt normal. she shook away all of her excitement, trying not to be so hyper.

the two of them sat.

and they talked, and talked; for nearly hours.

it has been a year since lucy joined fairytail. and in that year, she's slowly became attached. as she's afraid to get too attached, she knows she will.

and in that year, many others have joined the guild.

such as— levy mcgarden, jet and droy, gray fullbuster, and evergreen.

not all of them at once joined, but they all joined within the first three months of the year.

lucy's birthday was last month, and she didn't bother to tell anyone. she wasn't use to celebrating with humans, anyway. nor has she ever. she didn't plan on starting now. her birthday was just a day, a day where she turns one year older.

but today— today, lucy was going on a job. a special job, might i add.

lucy flaunted around the paper, smiling. "i'm going on a mission, guys!"

"what is it?" cana asked.

"a three year long mission!"

and cana regretted asking. why does everyone do this to poor cana?
everyone who had heard lucy, opened their mouths in shock.

"why, lu-chan?" levy questioned with furrowed brows. she would miss her.

"i don't know, it seems like fun," she lied.

lucy was going on this mission to get away from fairytail. she had become too attached, and she needed some space. she loved fairytail too much, and she didn't want anyone to die.

"but i'm going to miss you guys!"

gray began to glare at lucy. "if you'll miss us, then why go!?"

lucy bit her lip and shrugged, letting out a small sigh. she turned around, and made her way over to macarov, paper in hand.

"a three year mission? lucy, are you sure?" macarov asked as he read over the paper.

"yeah, i'm sure, gramps." her lips formed a smile as she stared up at him.

macarov sighed and stamped the paper. "please, be careful, lucy."

lucy nodded, a smile still played her lips. "you too!"

as she neared the door, she exhaled loudly. "bye, guys!" she shouted.

she took a hold of the door handle and opened the door.

and as she was leaving the guild, she noticed a little salmon haired boy, with a blue cat sitting on his head, walking toward the guild.