chapter 6

"porlyusica. . ."

lucy was reading over the paper with very little information about the lady.

she was about half way to magnolia; taking her sweet time. as she was about to rethink going to this lady's house, that's when she heard something.

"has anyone seen igneel!?"

did she hear that correctly? igneel?

lucy immediately turned around and looked in every direction. who could've said it? she then remembered igneel said something about a boy named natsu. so she decided to yell out his name.

"natsu!"

she scanned the crowd. how would she know who natsu was? she had nothing to go on.

that's when she remembered.

"i'll meet you at fairytail, natsu!"

lucy smiled sadly. she turned her heel, and headed off in another direction. no matter how much she'd like to meet natsu, or even jude's mistress, she shouldn't. she was bad luck and she wouldn't want to risk hurting them.

so she decided she'd forget about going to the mistress' home. what good would that do her? meeting her would not bring her peace.

"fairytail.  . ." lucy mumbled. she then realized she was in an unfamiliar place now.

"um, hey, how do you get to magnolia?" she asked the closest stranger.

"you're in magnolia," the man said rather harshly.

"where is fair—" he walked away before lucy could finish her sentence.

she turned around and tried asking someone else. "hey, where is fairytail?"

it was an older woman with gray hair and plenty of wrinkles. "sorry, dear. i don't know."

lucy sighed and nodded. she walked a little further and tapped someone on the shoulders.

"hey—"

"what?!"

lucy furrowed her brows in anger. why was everyone so grouchy today? or was magnolia always like this? "excuse you! i was only wondering where the guild fairytail was!"

"it's over there." he didn't point anywhere but continued, "you take a left at the next corner and you'll find it then. sorry, kid."

lucy thanked him and walked off. she sighed heavily as she stuffed her hands in her already full pockets.

she moved at a normal pace. she was in no rush at all. fairytail —as igneel described— didn't seem so interesting. yes, he said it would be fun, but many places can be fun. what was so special about fairytail?

she turned the corner as the man said to do. nothing seemed to be so different. none of the buildings popped out. none said 'fairytail'.

she didn't want to ask any more strangers for help. she's not helpless or dumb. she eyed all of her surroundings. she went straight.

after nearly a minute, lucy spotted it.

the words 'fairytail' were above the guild doors in purple. the doors were orange and wide. and there was a banner at the top of the building, it was orange and on it was a white phoenix.

"wow," lucy thought a loud. she made her way toward the doors.

as she grabbed the door handle, she thought about her life. damaged, but not broken.

she pulled the door open and slowly walked inside. it wasn't crowded at all, but the liveliness inside of the guild would say otherwise.

the guild grew slightly silent as the door closed, revealing lucy.