chapter 9

four years. it's been four years since fairytail has seen or heard of lucy. they always kept her in their thoughts, though, in the back of their minds, she sat.

it's been very hard for fairytail to cope with the two losses. two, great losses. but their spots had been filled by many new guild members.

well, no one could take the place of lucy. and that was that. lisanna, too. they lit up fairytail even in the darkest times. all they had to do was smile.

today, was a dark and rainy day. the sun hid behind the clouds and the downpour of the clouds was heavy, as was the fog.

a cloaked figure walked the streets of magnolia. no umbrella, the droplets of rain had hit the hood of their cloak non stop. they were drenched, and still,  it seemed they had without a care in the world.

now just a bit farther down the road was fairytail. what do they do on these gloomy, rainy days?

macarov gathered the children around. everyone was at the guild, for the most part. one with the name of nab, had just went on his first mission yesterday and laki olietta went on a trip.

everyone else was here. at their home, fairytail. even guildarts was there, drinking a bottle of booze and kicking it back.

macarov smiled solemnly at his children. "listen up!" everyone quieted down and macarov continued, "s-class trials are coming up and—"

macarov was cut off by a little sound in his head. it was a beep then a voice said, 'hey master, i'm coming home.'

macarov knew that voice anywhere. that was lucy. macarov's eyes' widened and his lips curved into a smile so big, it hurt his lips.

then the voice said again, 'i wanna' make it a suprise!'

macarov nodded, though none of the guild had knew what was going on. they all gave macarov a questioning and concerning look.

"what is it, master?" erza asked. she stared at macarov in worry. "is everything alright?"

"oh, yes, erza! everything is just wonderful!" macarov inhaled and attempted to contain his excitement.

"so, as i was saying, my children, s-class trials are coming up! we leave for tenrou island in two days," macarov said. "and this years grand magic games will be held in about a month!"

"yes, we're getting first place this year!" a masculine, pink haired young man with dull black eyes shouted.

macarov nodded and plopped down on the bar. he held a tea cup of booze in hand, taking sips every few seconds as he awaited for one of his children to finally come home.

she would be two years early and macarov was overjoyed. he probably couldn't wait that long, anyway.

that's when the sound of rain hitting the roof had stopped and the clouds moved by fast, and the sun came out of hiding.

as erza was about to check up on the weather, the guild doors creaked open.

a short, cloaked figure stood in the doorway.

"who are you?" erza questioned. "reveal yourself."

the cloaked figure had smiled under their hood, recognizing that was erza. still, they moved away from erza and walked straight to the master, macarov.

they leaned forward and wrapped their arms around the little old man's neck.

macarov immediately threw his arms around the cloaked figure causing the guild to stare in confusion and shock.