Chapter 2

*Many years later*
"Jack! Wait up!" Jack heard someone yelling from behind him. He stopped and turned around, seeing his best friend literally running towards him. He smiled and let the boy catch up to him.

"Hey" Zach said, finally catching up to him
"Hey, you alright?" Jack chuckled patting his friend on the back

"Yeah" Zach smiled, breathing heavily "Besides the fact that you almost left me, knowing that I was on my way" Zach said sarcastically, putting his hands on his hips.

"I really didn't know you were coming" Jack said honestly

"I texted you and told you that I was going to be a little late because I had a test to finish" Zach said, pulling out his phone to make sure the text went through.

"My phone died second period" Jack said with a small laugh as he moved a curl out of his face
"Dang, boy! Second period?! How is that even possible?!" Zach asked looking at his friend like he was crazy

"I forgot to charge it last night, idiot" Jack laughed and pushed his friends shoulder playfully

"Ohhh..makes more sense than what I was thinking" Zach laughed and put his phone back in his pocket.

Jack just laughed and shook his head. On the way home the boys joked and talked about how rude teachers were and how much they hated school and were ready to graduate, even though they still had 3 more years. When they got close to home, Zach started whining.
"I don't wanna go home yeeet" Zach whined pulling on Jack's arm, he had been begging him for about 5 minutes now not to make him. It's not that Zach doesn't love his family, it's just..He likes spending time with his friend. Jack is the person that makes Zach the happiest.

"Zach, you have to go home child" jack laughed and kept walking, ignoring the boy that was pulling on his arm

"But I wanna go on a walk" Zach protested, turning around and trying to pull the older boy the other way, towards the bridge

"No, Zach, we can go on a walk later. Right now you and I both need to go home and do our chores" Jack said tugging the smaller boy back towards him. You see, Jack's parents were a bit more strict than Zach's. Every day after school Jack had to come straight home and do his chores and homework. After that he could do what he wanted. Zach's parents on the other hand, they didn't care when he came home as long as it was before the streetlights came on. He did his chores and homework whenever he got home.

"Ughhhh" Zach groaned "You get on my last nerve sometimes" he said shaking his head
"It's easier to get them done now than when your all wore out and wanna sleep" jack said, making a point, but that still didn't change Zach's attitude.

"Oh hush it Avery" Zach said glaring over at his friend. Jack didn't take any of this personally. He knew that Zach would eventually get over it.

        Jack chuckled when he got to Zach's house "This is your stop Zachy poo" he said with a smirk, knowing Zach hated being called that

        Zach shook his head "You're lucky your my friend or you would be dead right now" he said narrowing his eyes more before slowly making his way up the driveway and into his house

        Jack laughed and did the same thing he did every time he left Zach's house since the day they met. He shoved his hands in his pockets and walked home.