chapter 6

( I know this is random as hell, but I'm doing a small timeskip (: it will explain everything and eventually make sense, don't worry )

*5 years later*
jack was 23 zach was 22. they had broken up 4 years earlier because jack had to move away for college and the long distance relationship wasn't going to work.

*jacks pov*
so, last night, my room mate Jonah and I were joking around and we decided to set each other up. we went on each other's tinder accounts and found a surprise person for the other. I had no fucking idea why i let this lovesick teddy bear choose someone for me, but i did. i don't know why i didn't want to find someone else. it was like i was waiting for someone and of course, i still hadn't forgotten about Zach. we hadn't talked since the break up and it was my fault. i told him i would text him.. 5 years ago.. and i never did. anyways, i didn't want to fall in love because of that single reason, but i still let this big buffoon (Jonah) pick a date for me. After about an hour of searching Jonah yelled happily.

"Jack! I found the perfect guy!" Jonah smiled as he held up my phone in triumph

"lucky you, I've found about a million matches for you" i laughed and shook my head "but none of them met my standard when i texted them, so, i threw them away" i smiled proudly

Jonah chuckled "yeah, i tend to match up with a lot of weirdos." He said shaking his head "but for real, his name is Zach Herron and he live here, in LA not even a mile away. you guys have a date tomorrow night!" Jonah squealed

i gasped, my face turning pale "j-Jonah.. what did you say his name was?" I asked, swallowing hard

"Zach.. his name is Zach.." Jonah said looking at me confused "did I do something wrong? Do you not want to go out with him?"

I sighed and flipped back into the couch "jonah.. i told you I wasn't interested in love, but i never told you why.." Jack said, looking at the floor

"then tell me, jack." Jonah said, looking at the older boy

"years ago i had a best friend, we had been friends since we were little, this friend, let's call him joe, joe and i had both liked each other, but we didn't want to say anything because we didn't know the other liked us as well. as time went on, joe and i started letting out little signs that we liked each other and eventually we started dating. joe helped me through some major things in my life, he was always there for me no matter what, but when i moved off to college we both decided that we couldn't be together. long distance just wasn't going to work. i promised joe that even though we weren't dating anymore i would still call him and text him. i never did, Jonah, and it's been 5 years. i fell in love and broke his heart. i don't want it to happen again."

Jonah looked and jack and sighed "I'm guessing the joe character is, zach, the one I set you up with?"

jack nodded "yeah, he is, zach was the one person i truly loved."

Jonah frowned "I'm so sorry, j, I can cancel the date right now if you want"

Jack shook his head "no.. don't.. I owe him an apology. if i don't apologize then I'm never going to get over him." Jack said, feeling his heart drop to the floor. he didn't know hoe Zach was going to feel when he saw him, but he knew that it wasn't going to be a good reaction.

Zach's pov
So, last night I was just chilling, scrolling through tinder, swiping left, swiping right. just the usual for a Saturday night (omg that rhymed😂 I'm actually done) but then I got a message that caught my attention. the one and only Jack Avery had messaged me. after 5 years of not speaking to me he messaged me on a dating app. A FUCKING DATING APP. he still has my number, it hasn't changed since high school. i sighed and we texted for a few minutes. after we had been texting for awhile he asked me on a date. i, of course, agreed because i had some words i wanted to say to him. i wasn't going to pick a fight, but booooy was i going to tell him about himself and how bad he upset me.

After a couple of hours texting him and realizing he was completely oblivious every time i brought up something that happened in the past. i realized it wasn't jack, but someone who was on his account. i smirked to myself and went upstairs to get ready for this 'date' that we were having in a little while.
————————————————————————

HIII! it's me! I'm sorry it's been so long since i updated. I went on a little sister hiatus for 4 months, but I'm back and better than ever. I'm starting to get back into writing and I'm going to be updating this book a lot more.

Btw: there's a lot of drama fixing to happen with Zach and jack. Oh and there will be some donah in here, because why the flip not (: